Display issue on knock-off Android box

paralepepipedo

paralepepipedo

hello friends, is there any configuration that I am not applying or will be the problem of the version ?. all movies look like a rectangle on the screen and not on the entire screen, the focus option simply moves the image up.

5c597e5be65e5_IMG_20190204_224900.jpg5c597e683bad7_IMG_20190204_224902.jpg

paralepepipedo

Do your videos have black borders embedded?

no, they are normal movies of 1080, before I used the andriod version and I had no problems, I deleted it to install "android tv" but all the movies look like the image. and for bad luck the new version "android" only I see black screen.

paralepepipedo

What does it look like if you select "Normal"?

only the last option is selected, the normal option is marked because it is where the cursor is to scroll through the other options.

Yes, but what does it look like if you select that one?

What device is this?

Starting to sound like maybe a non-standard Android box...?

paralepepipedo

Yes, but what does it look like if you select that one?

What device is this?

Starting to sound like maybe a non-standard Android box...?

try in normal, vertical and horizontal but the picture of the film that moves higher or lower but I can not really stretch and adapt to the screen.

it's a xgimi h1 projector
CPU: Mstar 6A928 Cortex-A17 Quadcore 1.7GHz
PU: Mali-760MP4
RAM: 3GB DDR3
Storage: 16GB eMMC
System: GUMI based on Android 5.1.1

with the android version it worked fine, but I uninstalled it to install the android tv version.

Did you build this box yourself?

The issue is that it is Android 5.1 which doesn't support these zoom modes right now.  I thought this was an issue with the Fire but, apparently, it is the OS version - its just that the Fires are pretty much the only Android TV boxes that run that old of a version of Android.

paralepepipedo

The issue is that it is Android 5.1 which doesn't support these zoom modes right now.  I thought this was an issue with the Fire but, apparently, it is the OS version - its just that the Fires are pretty much the only Android TV boxes that run that old of a version of Android.

I wish I had the mind to make jejejejee, but no, I bought it from China.

Well for what you tell me I have no hope with this version, but is there the possibility that an older version works for me?
or an old version of the other android app, because the new one does not work either, when opening the screen remains black.

Hi.  Sorry, I don't know.

A lot of those cheap boxes from China are just that :) and don't have proper implementations of everything.

paralepepipedo

Hi.  Sorry, I don't know.

A lot of those cheap boxes from China are just that :) and don't have proper implementations of everything.

F5c5c1ae42b10d_IMG_20190206_195714.jpg

Finally the only version that works for me is 3.0.21, from then on they all remain on the black screen. the android tv versions unfortunately none worked with full screen the only solution was to use external player.

paralepepipedo

its cheap in comparison to a quality equivalent that works

i must say it's much better than any epson benq sony of the same level of price

Spaceboy

i must say it's much better than any epson benq sony of the same level of price

well it’s clearly not better than something that works!

But my point was “cheap” is a relative term, not an absolute term. A product could be £10K but if it does what it needs to then it may be cheap in comparison to the problem that it solves