What is corrupt and why should I need support to fix it?

emolatur
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

emolatur

My entire music collection got messed up by me trying to re-sort it. I deleted the folder and attempted to copy from backup. Of course the filenames were all different. ALL of the entries in emby's library were, thus, wrong, and it was taking forever to rescan. I attempted to delete the library using the UI, and recreate it. This resulted in it appearing twice. I deleted it in settings but it still showed twice on my home screen. I then thought I could just blow away the entire emby library and start over -- so I googled how to do that, and renamed library.db to library.db.bak and restarted. Now it did, in fact, make those libraries go away. I recreated the music library and began scanning again. It loaded most of the data but none of the artist thumbnails loaded, and clicking on an artist just resulted in an infinite spinny progress thing.

I gave up and REMOVED emby.   yum remove emby-server   ... followed by   find -name emby*   and deleting every single file and folder it found.

I then REINSTALLED emby-server from the .rpm file.

Now I can't create users. It will create them, but as soon as I try to edit them I land back at the infinite spinny progress thing that just goes on forever (fifteen minutes and counting)

It's a promising-looking program but now I can't use it at all.

I don't see any reason completely deleting all of the visible files and reinstalling wouldn't restore the behavior to that of a fresh install, unless the developers are hiding some data somewhere. I don't like other people hiding stuff on my system.

The problem I am experiencing should not be a problem at all.

Please tell me what I need to do to be completely rid of emby altogether, so that I can get a truly clean reinstall.

If this information cannot be provided, I will reinstall my entire system, restore the rest of my data from backup, go back to subsonic for music streaming and find something completely else for video.

Now I can't create users. It will create them, but as soon as I try to edit them I land back at the infinite spinny progress thing that just goes on forever (fifteen minutes and counting)

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from this? Thanks !

mastrmind11

look into docker before doing a reinstall. this exact scenario is why I run containers as much as i can.  well that, and the ability to roll back and/or run multiple versions of the same software simultaneously.

Edited by mastrmind11

emolatur

Alright, some apology is necessary I guess... it appears that whatever was "hanging on" across the reinstall may have been browser-related.

I have been offline as I had to go to work. Now I'm at a different location and everything is working fine.

• Like 1