Trailers: Can't Find ID/Metadata

Tanamur

Tanamur

Hi All - I have about 40% of trailers unable to identify with an ID and metadata. Any suggestions short of manual intervention? Thanks, Tanamur

53647da026009_trailers.jpg

Tanamur

Please post the server log from when they were scanned.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Hi @@Luke - I just started from a clean restart of the server and waited for the library scan to complete. Next I manually started the Refresh Trailers followed by a Library scan again. No luck. Lastly I manually input the IMDB number for 300: Rise of an Empire and manually refreshed the metadata. This worked fine for this trailer.

Link to log files here

Thanks, Tanamur

What's needed is the log from when they were refreshed the first time. It downloads internet metadata once, and only once. After that it's a manual process using the editing interface. So whether it was a download failure or just inability to match, there's no way to know without seeing that.

Tanamur

What's needed is the log from when they were refreshed the first time. It downloads internet metadata once, and only once. After that it's a manual process using the editing interface. So whether it was a download failure or just inability to match, there's no way to know without seeing that.

How can I determine when a specific trailer was refreshed for the first time? Doesn't it seem a bit odd that a media library scan of a trailer would not download missing metadata on a scan at a later date than the original download? 

Sorry just thought of something, thus the edit. If I uninstall the trailers plugin, wiping the entries, can I then reinstall and start over and see if it works? Thanks

Note: Unistalling/reinstalling Trailers did not work. Database metadata is the same.

Edited by Tanamur

Tanamur

@@Luke - The major change in the way trailers are handled in the version 1.0.5235.42492 (Release) with the move to internet channels infrastructure fixed my problem...Thanks, Tanamur

5365770596817_trailers02.jpg