What happened to music handling

Marv

Hi,

I'm using v4.0.1.0 and just recreated my music library. I'm using local artwork and metadata from my nfo files only for years now.

That's why I always kept every music library setting disabled. Only the following settings are enabled:

- Enable real time monitoring

- Metadata savers 'nfo'

- Download images in advance

So what I expected was that Emby just re-adds all of my local artwork and metadata but instead it downloads random artist images from the internet!?!?

In addition it doesn't use biographies from my nfo files anymore aswell. I don't know what else is ignored.

Why is this happening? I really hope it's a bug...

edit: Can someone clear me up here please? Isn't Emby able to use local artwork and information for music anymore?

Edited by Marv

PenkethBoy

This was change a while ago in the 3.6 beta

and is now in 4.xxx

there are a few threads on it if you search

Thanks for the info.

I also found out about this in the meantime and can't understand the reason for not supporting local artist artwork anymore...

Adding hundreds of 'underground' artist thumbs (locally present in my artist folders) manually via the image editor is not really an option for me...

I also found out about this in the meantime and can't understand the reason for not supporting local artist artwork anymore...

I apologize for the inconvenience. It is not easy to determine what is an artist folder and what isn't. This is why we're not doing it anymore.

I understand.

But maybe it can be used when an artist folder exactly matches the albumartist tag and when an artist.nfo file is present in that folder.

Perhaps again in the future.

Anyway, I love Emby :)

Yes I agree that is an enhancement that can come later once we're able to support any folder structure.