Keeps throwing "connect to server" dialogs on Leia

floppyhat
Go to solution Solved by floppyhat,

floppyhat

I have version 4.0.5 of the addon installed on a clean install of Kodi for Mac 18.0, which I'm testing before allowing my main LibreElec box to update from Krypton. My Emby server is running version 4.0.1.0, and I'm accessing it through an nginx reverse proxy.

When I try to connect, it keeps throwing up an Emby "connect to server" dialog (confusingly, with the input hidden in the background and largely greyed) which does not accept my server's connection details.

I've tried cancelling this, going into the addon's settings, and replicating the settings from the LibreElec box — no dice. I've tried copying the addon_data/plugin.video.emby/settings.xml across from the LibreElec box — I still get the popups.

In the working setup, I have 

<setting id="server" value="https://v.mydomain.example.com:443" />
<setting id="username" value="MyName" />

I've seen posts saying that the connection issues are fixed in 4.0.5 — could it be the reverse proxy is causing a problem? Has anybody else managed to get Leia to connect to a server configured this way?

post-260312-0-17429700-1549273746_thumb.png

kodi.log

Edited by floppyhat

Angelblue05

The data is not from settings.xml but data.json file that is alongside the settings file.

I'm not sure why the dialogs are showing like that. Has it always done this? Those files weren't touched at all.

• Solution
floppyhat

Ah — I've copied data.json across from the LibreElec box and it's now connecting OK. Thanks!

As to the dialogs, it seems to be an incompatibility with the Omni skin — I tried again with the default Estuary and it worked fine.

There weren't any problems that I recall with Omni under Krypton, but it's been a while since I set Emby up on that. There's been a lot of work done on Omni for Leia, though, so it might be down to some of the changes there.

• Like 1