Unique 3D format files shown as versions of the same file

randomlogic
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

randomlogic

During a recent update (within the past month), emby has started treating identifying a folder full of unique files as versions of a single file due to the 3D file type suffix.

I have a folder full of files with name in the format  filename_180x180_3dh.mp4.  Each file shows up correctly in the preview window.  However, under the Versions drop-down, every file in the directory is listed as an alternate version.  Every file in the directory lists every other file in the directory as an alternate version.  No matter what file is chosen to play, the same file within that folder streams (I’m assuming the one that Emby determines has the highest quality).  Emby is assuming that all files are for the same movie, just different versions.

Is there a way to turn off versions?  Is there some other way that I can get around the issue without renaming the files?  The devices I stream to determine the 3D encoding using the filename suffix, so I would appreciate not needing to change the filename suffix.  Thanks.

randomlogic

It has the behavior with three files named:

alpha_180x180_3dh.mp4

bravo_180x180_3dh.mp4

charlie_180x180_3dh.mp4

I think that it may be recognizing them as all the same season and episode, because when I look at the subtitles, it lists S:180:E:180 prior to the rest of the filename. Thanks!