Folders View

Zelig

So we used to be able to hava a "Folders View" in old Emby 3

Now, on 4.0.1.0 you have to go to the user settings to select "folder" as the default view for a particular library.

At first it sounded good.

So, lets say you have a folder called "Star Trek" and inside folders for each movie and inside each folder, the movie itself with its matadata 

The problem is that now, Emby treats the folder containing the movie as a folder and not as the actual movie like it used to and like it does if stead of "Folder" you select "movie" as a default view.

That creates all kinds of trouble, no option to order, no coverart plugin aplied been the most irritating.

I have a very large movie collection and the folder structure is very important. This kills it all.

Please fix it so it work like it used to

This has been a complaint by many since the update to version 4.* to solve it temporarily you need to delete the libraries which have content = movies and change them to content = mixed. It will work then as before and I hope there will not be any changes in the mixed content library process that will break this in the future.

This its not a lengthy process to change the libraries, for my movie libraries containing about 1500 movies it did not take longer then 20 - 30 minutes.

Edited by One2Go

This has been a complaint by many since the update to version 4.* to solve it temporarily you need to delete the libraries which have content = movies and change them to content = mixed. It will work then as before and I hope there will not be any changes in the mixed content library process that will break this in the future.

This its not a lengthy process to change the libraries, for my movie libraries containing about 1500 movies it did not take longer then 20 - 30 minutes.

Just passed the 12.000 movie mark and maybe twice as many tv episodes :). Will try your sugestion. Thanks.

Thanks luke for your response. Please really think about it. This is a must for large collections like mine.

TV shows are fine no need to change them. My 150+ TV shows are displaying just fine. My library had always been mixed content because documentaries come in movie and TV format.

• 3 weeks later...
srgsng25

this will work so we can see sub solders but now s5c731cc0bf4bf_Screenshot20190224141349.po we can see a full Moviel Library Genre Categories that we have spent hours building and searching for the perfect icons