Item Wont Add to Collection

BuddahKat

BuddahKat

I'm having an odd issue trying to add a specific movie to a collection. The movie is stored on my drive as 'Frosty the Snowman (1969)/Frosty the Snowman (1969).mkv'. This is exactly how all my other movies are stored, but for some reason I am unable to add this specific movie to a collection. It used to be in a manually created collection called 'Christmas Classics', but I believe I shuffled my movies around on the disk and now I can't add that specific movie to ANY collection (when I click 'Add to Collection' it says 'Items added' and appears to work, also checked the XML file and its added in there as it should, however it does not show up in the collection). None of the other movies in that collection have this issue. I've followed the directions on manually migrating collections, i.e. updating the paths in the 'data/collections' XML file, so the path is correct for the movie.

Oddly it seems to be an issue with how it is named, for instance if I change anything about the name I'm able to add it properly (i.e. remove a parenthesis or change the year). I've tried deleting and recreating the collection, deleting and readding the movie to the library, nothing works. I can't seem to find anything relevant in the logs either, all it says is that its updated the collection XML file, which it does correctly. Sort of at a loss on what to do, its like the specific name is forbidden to be added to a collection for some reason. Would love some advice on how to fix this.

Happy2Play

Does a library scan make a difference?

Others have reported issues like this after the migration but we haven't able to reproduce.  As a test could you remove that movie from you library, perform a library scan ensuring it is removed, then re-added it perform another library scan for it to re-appear and see if you can add it to your custom collection.  It sounds like this will work as you have already noticed changing the name works, so it sounds like something did not go right when your database migrated to v4.

BuddahKat

Yeh I've already tried the doing all that. Makes it more weird honestly because whatever the issue persists beyond deleting the movie from the library and reattaches to it after its added back. It's something to do with the specific path, because if I move the movie folder (keeping the same name) to a different drive I'm able to add it just fine, meaning its the actual path and not just the name. Is there no way to refresh / rebuild the collection info in the library database?

There's probably something left in your database related to that video file. Could be an issue with the 3.5 upgrade. I will look into it, for now the best workaround is to give the file a new name so that the server will treat it as brand new content. Thanks.