Amazon Fire not retaining manual settings

Tiberius76

Tiberius76

Help!

I use emby with out issue through the app on a few different devices, XB1, Roke Tv, etc... but when we tried an Amazon Fire stick we ran into this problem:

When loading into the emby app on the fire stick, we skip the pin and go to manual configuration (since I have a domain name). We enter the correct information for host (https://domain.com & 8920 since I use SSL) and when selecting "OK" end up getting bumped back to the Emby start page, asking for the account pin... and none of the server settings are retained... never even attempts to reach out to the server.

Thoughts?

Tiberius76

OpenSSL-W32

Works on all other devices, and is configured correctly... no issues with Roku, Xbox 1, web or android apps.

Hi. How do you know it never attempts to connect?

Can you tell us exactly how you are entering the address and port and which buttons you press?

Thanks.

Tiberius76

No Amazon Fire device shows as ever connecting in the Device section of the admin panel

Address is being put in as https://domain.com and port changed to 8920

After entering server info, next or ok is the only option (not at it right now) and selecting that sends you back to the Emby connect sign in... And when you go back to manual settings all the server and port info is gone.

Well that is a connection failure, although the app should handle it better and present you with a graceful error message.

Can you find out if Amazon devices will trust your certificate? The fire tv app is not doing anything to override this, so if the device does not trust the certificate, then it will reject it and it won't be able to connect.

and selecting that sends you back to the Emby connect sign in... 

How long is it between you pressing ok and you arriving back at the other screen?

Tiberius76

The return to the home screen is almost immediate... almost as though the app is registering the "OK" as a "BACK" instead

The return to the home screen is almost immediate... almost as though the app is registering the "OK" as a "BACK" instead

Yeah, I think this is a problem with the dialog interface which is quite wonky in some versions of Android.

Once the port is entered with the OSK, try just arrowing up to the dialog, then focus the OK button on the dialog (not on the on screen keyboard) and press that...