Title matching - custom regular expression?

bellocarico

Kirua

Hi everyone,

Sorry to dig up this topic and in advance sorry for my English.

I agree with Bellocarico, Emby could be a very powerful media browser with the customization of the parser.

I have a structured files and folders that I have though a lot of time.
Here my way of writing for movies :
French title (original title) (year) (language)
This is important for us as we are using this writing when we are not using Emby (DLNA on TV for example, ...).

I understand that this impact just a part of the community but as it was said before, if there is no need, there is no implementation :).
So here is my feedback.

I would like to add that I am fully (except this part ;) ) satisfied by Emby !
The navigation, the structure, and the reactivity of the admin on this forum is very usefull !

Thanks !

• 9 months later...
shalva97

I also agree with Bellocarico. Custom regex would be much simpler than renaming files.

For example all the file names from Russian torrents do not work, they look like those:

King's Raid - Ishi Wo Tsugu Mono-tach - AniLibria.TV [WEBRip 1080p]/King's_Raid_-_Ishi_Wo_Tsugu_Mono_-_tachi_[01]_[AniLibria_TV]_[WEBRip_1080p].mkv
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (2021) | That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (2021) | О моём перерождении в слизь [ТВ-2, первая часть] [2021, TV, 7 из 12 + SP] WEBRip 720p raw

Yi Nian Yong Heng | A Will Eternal | Вечная воля [2020-2021, TV, 30 из 52] WEBRip 1080p HS+raw+rus
 Черный Клевер / Black Clover [163 из 195]

Renaming would be okay but my torrents are huge mess. I have movies, games, windows and linux instalation iso files, documents, books, music and who know what else in a single folder. It wil ltake me my all my sanity to handpick movies, rename them, and then tell my qBittorrent where are all those renamed files so that it wont show errors and continue seeding.

Having all different media types in a single folder is not going to work out well for you using Emby.  Ideally kind of media should have it's own folder structure and library type with proper naming.

For example here are recommended setups for Movies and TV Shows:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming