Parental Time of Day Control Suggestion

jj12345

jj12345

Suggestion for parental control by being able to set day-of-week and time-of-day for each user account when they can start playing content.  Might be tricky to stop content mid-play but even the ability to limit when play can begin would be cool.

e.g.

SuMTWTh 8am-9pm

FSa 8am-11pm

etc.

Doing this on an account basis so teens can have later hours than kids, etc.

• Like 4

mboehler

Yes, I have been asking for this for a while.  I can't wait until it is implemented.  It will make a great product just that much better!

Keep up the great work, MB Dev's!

• 1 month later...
Starlionblue

Love this feature request. I'd like to add a second wrinkle: Time limits on how long a user can play movies during a day/week/weekend. For example I could allocate 3 hours a day to my kids on weekends but only 30 minutes on weekdays. This would have to be linked to actual time played, not time logged in.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
e123enitan

This is a planned future feature.

Hi Luke, wondering if the option have been implemented, since it's a long request. i'm wondering if the parental control can be use to limit access from 7am to 4pm daily, except Sat&Sun, week days every one is out either to work or school, hence nobody should at home at restricted time and days. Any idea how to configure this, I try one one day but it doesn't to work.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

Happy2Play

Hi Luke, wondering if the option have been implemented, since it's a long request. i'm wondering if the parental control can be use to limit access from 7am to 4pm daily, except Sat&Sun, week days every one is out either to work or school, hence nobody should at home at restricted time and days. Any idea how to configure this, I try one one day but it doesn't to work.

Cheers!

Have you looks at the User Parental Controls?  You just have to make multiple rules.

5953143cc19f6_access.jpg

Just tested

595314ba6baff_restrict.jpg

@@Luke there is a bug in the "Got It" button, you have to click multiple times to get it to clear.  At least in the Beta

e123enitan

Yes but it doesn't work for me, I must have been doing something wrong, just as a test, its almost 11pm my local time. then I set the parental to block from Tue 11pm to 11:30pm then saved settings, but the system would block Kodi from accessing server even when its not 11pm. Is this how it's suppose to function.

Thanks

Access Schedule

Create an access schedule to limit access to certain hours.

Tuesday
11:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Even it's not 11pm as soon as click saved it stopped Kodi from working, I was hoping the restriction should be at 11pm not before, pls your suggestion.

Edited by e123enitan

moviefan

I really like the Time Limit feature request as well to control how much they can each play per day versus just hour restrictions.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

I really like the Time Limit feature request as well to control how much they can each play per day versus just hour restrictions.

+1

• Like 1