Exception when searching Emby 4.0.1

hispeed
Go to solution Solved by hispeed,

Hi,

I recieve this when I search in the latest emby version. Last time I added my sources new. Should I do this once again? After this exception emby-server is down and need to be restarted.

Information: CentOS 7 virtual

Client: Huawai Mate 20 Pro (Emby latest)

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
Source: System.Net.Sockets
TargetSite: Void ThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
Source: 
TargetSite: 

Thanks for any help.

Marc

Edited by hispeed

@@hispeed, where is the exception? This log looks pretty clean to me. There is only one error i see here and that is a malformed request from what appears to be EmbyCon. I can let the developer know but that has nothing to do with searching.

I'm sorry I don't have more in the log. I would have probably to activate the debug log....

5c58a23e00147_emby_full_exceptionLog.png

As you can see, it's all I have in this log. So I probably need to activate the debug log and try to reproduce?

• Like 1

Hi Happy2Play and Luke,

I don't think it's because when I start playing music files it works. This error I recieve when I searching thru my movie database. So I type a word and delete (fast) not all result are showed and you rewrite the searching word.

As mentioned I have the server on CentOS 7 and I used a new installation one year ago and this installation was without mono? <- This was the reason I made a new clean install. I don't understand that mono thing ;).

here we go again with debugging level I can reproduce it. Client = Iphone 7 (emby lates app)

Please look at the attachement.

All ip are replaced with random ones internal / or external.

Switzerland goes now to bed, cya tomorrow ;).

emby_debug_reproduced_exception_search.txt

Edited by hispeed

• Solution
Hi Luke,

For anyone who is reading this. Make a backup of your sqlite3 version and of your database before you read this.

I did the following:

systemctl stop emby-server

sqlite3 --version 

Output: 3.7.17 2013-05-20 00:56:22

Visit: https://linuxhint.com/upgrade-to-latest-sqlite3-on-centos7/ for updating on CentOS 7 your SQLite version.

Probably you have centos 7 x64 so you get in more troubles, because sqlite3 is not provided in x64.

I have to say that I always have this kind of problems ^^, so actually it's not funny.

After reading this:

sudo yum install glibc.i686

Then you probably run into another problem: Multilib version problems found. This often means that the root....

yum install zlib-1.2.7-18.el7.x86_64 -> i686 and x86_64 have to be the same.

Then you have to install zlib in the correct version:

yum install zlib-1.2.7-18.el7.x86_64

sudo yum install glibc.i686 -> this will work now!

After that you can check the version again and pray that it's working:

sqlite3 --version 

Ouput: 3.27.1 2019-02-08

Information: 

What's happening now is that you run sqlite in 32-bit mode and not anymore 64-bit. But it shouldn't be a big deal (I hope so).

Now we do the following:

(Maybe your DB is in a different location)

sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db "update MediaItems set Images=null where Images like '%audiodb%'"

Now we can run the fixing command from emby because of this bug: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69167-emby-server-4010-crashing-on-music-playback

update MediaItems set Images=null where Images like '%audiodb%'

Now I do also a Vacuum, Analyze, Reindex (I have read this should increase the performance)

sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db "VACUUM"

sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db "ANALYZE"

sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db "REINDEX"

exit

reboot

This was it, now everything should be fine :). My database size was 1,2 gb and now it's 500mb but it looks great and everything is still here. As last I made a testround and I was not able to create this exception again on my DB (just a short test), usually it didn't took long at my database and I recieved this exception. So I probably can confirm this!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...