Duplicate prompts from Kodi and Emby: resume or play from the beginning

aperry

Very quick question: When I select an "in progress" movie to play, Kodi asks if I want to resume from where I left off or start from the beginning. Recently I've noticed that I'm now getting a second (duplicate) prompt from Emby which asks the same thing. This is with add-on version 4.0.3 running on Kodi 18 and the Estuary skin. I noticed it after installing 4.0.3, however it's possible that it's been this way for longer because I don't resume movies very often. Is there a setting I can adjust to get rid of this secondary Emby prompt? Thanks in advance.

Angelblue05

@@aperry

Ok I will need more information, as I can't manage to replicate this.

• In progress, are you talking about the home screen widget In progress? Not under Videos > Movies > In progress movies.
  • What is your default action for playback? Kodi settings > media settings > video
  • Did you recently upgrade from Krypton?
Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

Please also provide a log, because that usually only happens if you have stored the old plugin paths in your Kodi database. If that is the case, a library repair is enough to fix it.

Oh man, this morning I can't seem to reproduce the issue. I've tried with the default action set to Play and also to Show Information, and both of them result in only one prompt (from Emby, not the normal Kodi prompt).

Last night it was pretty consistent (happening over and over, and persisting through restarts and various other troubleshooting steps). Not sure if there's some cleanup actions that Kodi does in the background?

So sorry for wasting your time on this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
happpyg

I had this exact same issue too.  I changed Kodi's default play action to Resume instead of play and now I only see the Emby prompt to resume from where I left and not the Kodi one any more.

happpyg

I have a Sony Android TV, 3x "Vodafone TV" Android boxes and Kodi running on my PC, all are running 4.0.5 and all do the same thing. 

All work fine if I change default action to resume and only show the one resume prompt from Emby, not Kodi's.  All were upgraded to Leia from previous versions if that makes any difference?

Thanks

Angelblue05

Repair your library in Emby for Kodi. The only time this has been happening was due to plugin paths in the database.

Edited by Angelblue05

happpyg

Repair your library in Emby for Kodi. The only time this has been happening was due to plugin paths in the database.

That did the trick, thanks!

• Like 1