Clean installation

aspdend

aspdend

I've been using Emby for a number of years now and moved my server to various machines as needed. However, I've been experiencing issues with my SSD on my machine for a little while so I have got myself a new drive and it dawns on me that with the latest Emby (v4) it is a good time to do a clean install rather than the multiple upgrades I have been doing. Can anyone advise the best way of achieving this whilst still retaining all my various watched status' etc? I am on a windows 10 machine using theatre primarily. All my metadata is saved locally with my media and I use nfo files...

Any help would be appreciated

aspdend

Hi there, i would use the backup plugin to help preserve watch data:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Backup

Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Luke,

Thanks for that - but is there anything else I need do to preserve, say, any genre tagging I've done in the metadata manager for instance (we have a large collection of Christmas films and have a Christmas genre) - although that should be saved in the nfo file I believe - but anything else - I have no problem doign a full scan etc so preservation of cache and databases isn't too much of a problem unless losing any will cause some other issues

Those will be in the nfo files. With nfo your metadata will be covered, i would think you'll be in good shape. But always, you could take a full backup of the server's program data folder for good measure if you want.

• Like 1