Calling all iOS users

Spaceboy

yardameus

Waiting for the iPad version to make it out.  Then, I will give a helpful review.

It's a vicious cycle though. You want the app before you'll say good things, and developers want to see users before making any commitments. So by helping with something like this, you're helping the next app that comes along, for whatever platform that may be.

• Like 2

yardameus

I see what you're getting at.  Good point.  I was more trying to say that I will get a lot of use out of the iPad version, so I could be more specific.

Xzener

Hoping Mark is lurking... I'm an Android fan boy! Lol! I can honestly say, I wish I had an iPad, this thing looks AMAZING!!

• Like 4

sydlexius

Hoping Mark is lurking... I'm an Android fan boy! Lol! I can honestly say, I wish I had an iPad, this thing looks AMAZING!!

+1 to that.  I've been trying to get my work to issue me one, primarily because of the excellent work on the iPad client.

• Like 1

You must have me mistaken for some other 'switcher' :)  As of yet, I do not have any iOS or OSX devices (unless you're talking about VMs :ph34r:)

Would you be able to help with making VM's?

Macburp

Comment added, counting the hours to the launch of the iPad app. If the app passes my WAF test (it's her iPad) you'll have made something very special indeed.

• Like 1

sydlexius

You're referring to OSX?

moviefan

I see what you're getting at.  Good point.  I was more trying to say that I will get a lot of use out of the iPad version, so I could be more specific.

Just pin the WebApp to your home in the iPad.  It works great plus it supports LiveTV!

Still looking forward to the App as well but I think our household will end up sticking with the WebApp until LiveTV functionality is integrated as we now have come to depend on this.

• Like 1

Tharnax

Sorry @@Luke, I've been a little MIA lately.  I got a new job in Feb and it actually requires me to do work between the hours of 8 & 6 which is very unfortunate and really impacts my ability to be on here an contribute to the wonderfully growing MB3 community.  Hopefully, I'll get some time in the future once I get the project I'm working on in the development phase.  In the meantime, the progress is outstanding!  It's amazing how far MB3 has come in such a short time.  I'm ecstatic about the iPad version as I've been very jealous of a family member who's been using their Surface Pro 2 - Windows 8 MB3 app to watch videos on their tablet.  From what I've seen of the iPad MB3 app so far, it'll be his turn to be jealous!

Edited by Tharnax

griffen247

I'm replacing iPad today (stolen)....... So this will send play command to my HTPC?

Tikuf

Hopefully u had external ddns setup and they log into mb and you can track the ip

Sorry @@Luke, I've been a little MIA lately.  I got a new job in Feb and it actually requires me to do work between the hours of 8 & 6 which is very unfortunate and really impacts my ability to be on here an contribute to the wonderfully growing MB3 community.  Hopefully, I'll get some time in the future once I get the project I'm working on in the development phase.  In the meantime, the progress is outstanding!  It's amazing how far MB3 has come in such a short time.  I'm ecstatic about the iPad version as I've been very jealous of a family member who's been using their Surface Pro 2 - Windows 8 MB3 app to watch videos on their tablet.  From what I've seen of the iPad MB3 app so far, it'll be his turn to be jealous!

No worries. Glad to see you checking in on us :)

• 3 weeks later...
miket5au

I have a Mountain Lion Virtual Box VM. It runs xcode (not sure how well as I haven't actually done anything other then created a project and launched the result in the emulator).

I created a Mavericks VM on my Mac Mini but this did not transfer to Virtual Box under linux. I haven't tried getting it to run using the Hackintosh boot loaders yet as the ML VM still works.

• 4 weeks later...
overClocked!

I just had to go over and post about the iPad official release in the AppStore. Couldn't help myself.

• Like 1

darwindeeds

Thanks @overClocked! Very nice write up. We wanted to contact imore to see if they would be interested to write another article about us.