Emby Server 4.0.1.0 and Emby for Kodi 2.3.63

mutu310

mutu310

Since updating Emby server to 4.0.1.0, and at the same time reinstalling Emby for Kodi 2.3.63 (the last version supported on my Kodi on my Minix Neo X8-H Plus), none of the files will play. It's telling me to check the logs but I couldn't find any errors or the filename I was trying to play in the Emby Server debug log. Where would you guys start troubleshooting this issue?

Angelblue05

Why update you server when you are using a 2-3 year old addon that’s not updated? Sorry but you’ll need to update to krypton. Maybe in the future, I’ll make a build to support Jarvis, but it’s definitely not a priority.

mutu310

Why update you server when you are using a 2-3 year old addon that’s not updated? Sorry but you’ll need to update to krypton. Maybe in the future, I’ll make a build to support Jarvis, but it’s definitely not a priority.

Thing is, the addon was working with the very previous version of Emby Server. Are you sure it no longer works with 2.3.63 or did I break something?

mutu310

Yes, 4.0 came with a lot of breaking changes.

It was working with 4.0. The problem was when I upgraded to 4.0.1.0 AND also reinstalled the Kodi plugin.

Angelblue05

I know for a fact that it doesn’t and has not worked with 4.0. If it did, it was a fluke. There’s many areas that are broken. First. Authentication. Second. Adding movies, series. The way content is detected for dvd, bluray, etc. all broken. etc.

There’s really nothing to be done. If you don’t keep up to date somewhere then you shouldn’t elsewhere, :/

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

mutu310

I know for a fact that it doesn’t and has not worked with 4.0. If it did, it was a fluke. There’s many areas that are broken. First. Authentication. Second. Adding movies, series. The way content is detected for dvd, bluray, etc. all broken. etc.

There’s really nothing to be done. If you don’t keep up to date somewhere then you shouldn’t elsewhere, :/

I understand. I'll try LibreELEC at the weekend. Thanks for your support, your replies saved me a lot of attempts and head-scratching.

Edited by mutu310
  • Like 1