[Glitch] Alphabet jump does not work in this circumstance..

KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

[Happens in Emby Theater] When I change the artist image or movie/tv show poster from the browsing screen (image below), it automatically takes me to the first item starting with that letter. Now when I press on an alphabet to go above this page... like on A,B,C, or D... it won't work. It gets stuck on E for some reason.

5c532496d03fe_Annotation20190131234510.j

• Like 1

KumarjitDey

I normally use a remote (Unified Remote)

I also tried with a mouse, but same result.

It won't take me to the upper alphabets.

KumarjitDey

What happens when E is focused and you press up?

Look, to make you understand this glitch, I request you to do this:

1. Enter 'All movies' Library in Emby Theater and scroll down to the mid-section, say to M.

2. Right-click on any movie starting with M and either edit its image or metadata from there.

3. Now try scrolling up, or click on any alphabet above M. You'll notice you're unable to go above the letter M, for which you'll have to return to All movies library from home screen.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like, in this case, I have changed the poster of Mission Impossible - Fallout, and have clicked on alphabet 'D' to jump to movies starting with D; but as you can see, Emby Theater refuses to take me there.

5c5695444cbb5_fff.jpg

Edited by KumarjitDey

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Moving this topic to Theater.

I can reproduce this issue as it appear the library is locked to what ever letter you edited on.  You can not navigate to anything above that letter.

Tested on Theater app and tv.emby.media

KumarjitDey

Moving this topic to Theater.

I can reproduce this issue as it appear the library is locked to what ever letter you edited on.  You can not navigate to anything above that letter.

Tested on Theater app and tv.emby.media

Well, it also happens in the web client, thats why I had created this topic in General.

Edited by KumarjitDey

Happy2Play

Well, it also happens in the web client, thats why I had created this topic in General.

I tested on app.emby.media, and web client on my Windows system and don't see this behavior.  As there is no way to scroll past 100 item, unlike Theater presenting the entire library.

KumarjitDey

I tested on app.emby.media, and web client on my Windows system and don't see this behavior.  As there is no way to scroll past 100 item, unlike Theater presenting the entire library.

Oh, yes. I apologize. Just now re-checked. In the web client, the library does get locked when you edit a movie metadata/image straight away from the library, but the above letters, upon clicking on them, functions properly.

• Like 1

I can't reproduce this, however with virtual scrolling upcoming that will change everything and we'll re-evaluate this at that time. Thanks.

KumarjitDey

But as you can see, there is still an unexpected behaviour when you edit a media from the library screen...

Like in this example, I have edited "Reservoir Dogs", and when I pressed on the "back" button to come back to the library, I was returned to the bottom of the screen, i.e., to Z,

giphy.gif

Edited by KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

I can't reproduce this, however with virtual scrolling upcoming that will change everything and we'll re-evaluate this at that time. Thanks.

Idk why you aren't able to reproduce this in the Emby Theater, Wait I m uploading a gif to show you...

KumarjitDey

what is virtual scrolling?  :huh:

miniliQuid

haha this kinda scared the **** out of me.

Edited one of the latest show pictures and at first glance I thought emby had cleaned out my library :lol:

Took me a few seconds before I noticed it was just a glitch happening everytime I changed a cover.