Meta Data downloading but not posters or actor pics

Mirage1981

Mirage1981

Hello,

I'm new to emby ... I installed emby on my Synology DS918+

I tried to add some movie to a new library, but only the meta data is downloading, not pictures so far.

Anybody ideas?

BR,

Mirage

post-418531-0-71134700-1548924097_thumb.jpg

post-418531-0-84274300-1548924114_thumb.jpg

embyLog.txt

solabc16

Hello 

From your logs, it appears these connections are timing out :-

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: The operation has timed out. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.

Are you actively running IPv6 on your network? Please can you try disabling IPv6 on your Synology system and see if that resolves the issue:-

DSM -> Control Panel -> Network -> Network Interface -> <your connection> -> IPv6 -> IPv6 setup -> Off

Let us know how you get on.

Best

- James

Mirage1981

Hi solabc16,

thanks for your answer ...
I switched IPv6 off, restarted the Diskstation, created a new library, refreshed the metadata on the old one, but no change so far.

Still get no pictures :-(

Attached the new log file:

embyLog.txt

Mirage1981
I would need a password for sending the logs ...

login as: admin

admin@192.168.1.21's password:

Could not chdir to home directory /var/services/homes/admin: No such file or directory

admin@Jupiter:/$ cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities

admin@Jupiter:/var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities$ sudo ./sendlogs

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System

Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.

#2) Think before you type.

#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:

Regards

Mirage

Mirage1981

oh how stupid not to try this ... thanks

File send: "sendlogs_Jupiter_synology_apollolake_918+_20190131T201301UTC.tgz"

solabc16

Hello @@Mirage1981

If you have another device connected on the same LAN as your NAS, and using hte same ISP, can you try and open the following URLs in a web browser:-

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669
https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&i=tt0147800&plot=short&tomatoes=true&r=json

Are you running a VPN and/or a reverse proxy on your system?

Does your ISP provide any content filtering / controls as part of their service?

Best
- James
Edited by solabc16

Mirage1981

Hello James,

thanks for your time investigating on the problem.

both URL run from my normal PC:

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669

{"images":{"base_url":"http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","secure_base_url":"https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","backdrop_sizes":["w300","w780","w1280","original"],"logo_sizes":["w45","w92","w154","w185","w300","w500","original"],"poster_sizes":["w92","w154","w185","w342","w500","w780","original"],"profile_sizes":["w45","w185","h632","original"],"still_sizes":["w92","w185","w300","original"]},"change_keys":["adult","air_date","also_known_as","alternative_titles","biography","birthday","budget","cast","certifications","character_names","created_by","crew","deathday","episode","episode_number","episode_run_time","freebase_id","freebase_mid","general","genres","guest_stars","homepage","images","imdb_id","languages","name","network","origin_country","original_name","original_title","overview","parts","place_of_birth","plot_keywords","production_code","production_companies","production_countries","releases","revenue","runtime","season","season_number","season_regular","spoken_languages","status","tagline","title","translations","tvdb_id","tvrage_id","type","video","videos"]}

https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&i=tt0147800&plot=short&tomatoes=true&r=json

{"Title":"10 Things I Hate About You","Year":"1999","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"31 Mar 1999","Runtime":"97 min","Genre":"Comedy, Drama, Romance","Director":"Gil Junger","Writer":"Karen McCullah, Kirsten Smith","Actors":"Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Larisa Oleynik","Plot":"A pretty, popular teenager can't go out on a date until her ill-tempered older sister does.","Language":"English, French","Country":"USA","Awards":"2 wins & 12 nominations.","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmVhZjhlZDYtMDAwZi00MDcyLTgzOTItOWNiZjY0YmE0MGE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"7.3/10"},{"Source":"Rotten Tomatoes","Value":"66%"},{"Source":"Metacritic","Value":"70/100"}],"Metascore":"70","imdbRating":"7.3","imdbVotes":"262,386","imdbID":"tt0147800","Type":"movie","tomatoMeter":"N/A","tomatoImage":"N/A","tomatoRating":"N/A","tomatoReviews":"N/A","tomatoFresh":"N/A","tomatoRotten":"N/A","tomatoConsensus":"N/A","tomatoUserMeter":"N/A","tomatoUserRating":"N/A","tomatoUserReviews":"N/A","tomatoURL":"http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10_things_i_hate_about_you/","DVD":"12 Oct 1999","BoxOffice":"N/A","Production":"Buena Vista Pictures","Website":"N/A","Response":"True"}

My ISP is the german Telekom, as far as I know they use no content filtering / controls.

I installed on my normal PC the emby server and on this PC everything is running fine ... all pictures are downloaded.

Just for Info: don't know if this is allowed here:

I have exactly the same issue for the Plex media server ... the movie posters and actor pics are missing.

On the normal PC, Plex is running fine as well.

So I guess it should be somehow a Synology/DSM related issue.

BR,

Mirage

solabc16

Hello @@Mirage1981

Thanks for the feedback on the tests and the additional background information, that is indeed a little curious.

Some more investigation required to find out why this is happening.

We know Emby Server runs well across all of the support Synology platforms, so there has to be something specific with the configuration/environment at play here; or it would be broken for all users.

We'll keep digging and get to the bottom of it, there's no reason for us to question the exception being reported - the timeout.

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: The operation has timed out. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.

The challenge is to find out why it's happening, when we can't recreate it locally, as we'll likely need to make use of some more diagnostic / debug tools.

Best

- James

Mirage1981

Hello James,

just let me know how I can help.

For my setup:

Network: I'm running a Ubiquiti Unify Secuity Gateway after my router. Maybe this might be blocking something, but then the question again, why not on my normal PC.

I will try to connect the Synology direct to the router, tomorrow and have a look if something change.

The Synology itself should not be an issue, it's a new installation, just 2 months old ... no tweaks, whatsever.

BR,

Mirage

Edited by Mirage1981

• 1 month later...
Mirage1981

@@Mirage1981, are you still having an issue with this?

Hello Luke,

yes the problem is still the same, but I stopped using Emby on my Synology at all.

The Emby Server running to slow and glitchy if I add my full library of movies (nearly 1000) ... loading a new page with movies takes ages and worse applying a filter will sometimes even freeze the browser tab.

So I'm running the server at the moment on my Surface Book 2 with the Folder mounted to the Synology ... no Problems so far.

BR,

Mirage