Apple TV video scaling problem

sfatula

sfatula

So, was playing The Passage which was dvrd by emby off of antenna. The output of the new Apple TV version was scaled up, so, a fairly good sized piece of the picture was missing. Couldn't even see the credits, top bottom and sides were off the screen.

I played same video on IOS, and, was perfect. It's the ATV client for some reason scaling this video. Not sure why. Direct played 720i mpegts video. Have played other recordings without this issue.

post-348227-0-23682100-1548910089_thumb.png

sfatula

I agree, but it is not very good, though watchable. Some faces get cut off and are half off the screen. Anything I can do to help?

Fyi, it's not a v4 server yet, am leaving town for 3 weeks so didn't want to update until I got back. Of course, still works with IOS.

This is a gen4 Apple TV. Tv is getting 1080/60p from the ATV.

Edited by sfatula

sfatula

So, I got to thinking, maybe it has something to do with what was recorded on my 2 minute start before show. So, in the middle of watching, I hit menu to stop playback, then hit resume to start back up and it looks fine now.

Maybe the previous show was different somehow?

does the resolution or framerate of the video change? occasionally you see some weird things like that.

sfatula

If it does, I don't see it, not sure how to know. I have the video file, 3GB if it is of any interest. Could have something to do with commercial skipping (me, manual with remote) too I suppose. 

sfatula

Yeah, like all antenna channels here, including PBS. Most channels are 1080i of course, as they are nationwide. 

sfatula

I notice today a whole lot of blockiness watching a recording from a 1080i antenna channel. Looks worse than the old app.