Google assistant integration?

hstamas

hstamas

Is there a trick to getting this enabled? I am running the latest beta on an Nvidia shield and when I use the voice search function Emby is never included in the results.

No, there is no trick and you don't need the beta for this.

Can you successfully log in with the app?

hstamas

Log into Emby? Yes I am logged in and I am making sure the Emby app is running if that makes a difference. Any sort of media query come up with result for all the pertinent apps except for Emby.

hstamas

Figured it out! Under the Shields setting, Google preferences, there is a section called “searchable apps”. Emby was in there but turned off in my case. Turning that on of course fixed the issue.

Just as an FYI, I know for a fact that I did not turn that off as I’ve never even ventured into that preference section so it seems to have been disabled by default?

• Like 1

Interesting.  I did not have to do that and I don't recall anyone else in beta mentioning it.

Glad you figured it out and thanks for reporting the solution.

hstamas

Interesting.  I did not have to do that and I don't recall anyone else in beta mentioning it.

Glad you figured it out and thanks for reporting the solution.

Odd indeed as I remember at some point earlier on that Android TV search was including Emby results.

Another question regarding search. Should a search query of say a tv episodes name or a season and episode number work with a

Emby? Right now, such searches only return YouTube and Vudu results.

Hi.  We aren't currently including episodes in this search and the overall search engine doesn't search on episode numbers.

Figured it out! Under the Shields setting, Google preferences, there is a section called “searchable apps”. Emby was in there but turned off in my case. Turning that on of course fixed the issue.

Just as an FYI, I know for a fact that I did not turn that off as I’ve never even ventured into that preference section so it seems to have been disabled by default?

Thanks for this!  After I updated to the latest version, I just got a spinning wheel when searching.  Now items in Emby show up.