Always have to wake my server, why?

Skynet2.0

Skynet2.0

Everytime I get on to watch a movie, I always have to use the wake option in Firestick and Android phone, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes I have to restart the server, even log out and back in. Is there an option to keep the server on all the time?

(This is for remote access)

Edited by Skynet2.0

Emby server on windows will keep the system awake when Emby server is actively being used.

When Emby server is not being used, then the machine may go to sleep depending on your Windows settings. You're asking for an option to always keep the machine awake, this is something you should configure on your own in Windows settings.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Skynet2.0

Emby server on windows will keep the system awake when Emby server is actively being used.

When Emby server is not being used, then the machine may go to sleep depending on your Windows settings. You're asking for an option to always keep the machine awake, this is something you should configure on your own in Windows settings.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I have windows to never sleep, it's always on. Emby is always running, either updating my library or playing some media and it still randomly goes to sleep or disconnects remotely

Ok sorry, if you have windows set to never sleep and the machine is still sleeping anyway, this is not something that Emby can solve. Can you double check your windows settings?

@@FrostByte have you seen this happen?

FrostByte

No, I have never had this problem.  I'm on a Synology now, but I don't recall ever seeing this with Windows 10 either