Metadata artwork naming

Jibest

I use Emby for managing my media nfo files & artwork etc.

I backup my media to an external usb drive so when going on holiday I can take it with me, plug into a Firetv (that's offline) and use Kodi to stream the content.

For the first time i'm using the local metadata when scanning the media into Kodi & I've noticed an issue with the artwork.

When I have multiple films in a folder the main artwork poster has the name of the film (it can't name them all poster.jpg). This works great & Kodi uses the posters in the library views.

When I have just one film in a folder it names the poster "poster.jpg". Kodi ignores it and shows a thumbnail instead?

Is there a way to force Emby to use the films name when generating the metadata so everything displays correctly?

I think the issue may be with the skin Titan.

Although when I switched to the default skin it also didn't work (I tried refreshing the item). This was on Kodi 17.6

Well I feel rather silly.

Did some further testing today and when I chose the option "Movies are in separate folder that match the movie title" everything displayed probably including the folders with multiple movies.

I'd left this option unchecked because it wasn't strictly true for my folder structure.

Thanks anyway