Emby for Kodi 4.0.1 does not start and neither create log

bblum

Hello,

the new Emby for Kodi addons do not work with my Kodi installation on Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop. I already reinstalled Kodi and deleted all Kodi settings by renaming the .kodi folder and apt-get purge kodi*. However even with the fresh new installation the behavior is not different. I have no clue what to do as even with Debug log activated (for Kodi as well as for Emby for Kodi) I do not get specific log which could help me. I assume that there is an error somewhere in the service.py file as I can see in the debug log (attached) that the service is kind of loading (definitions and settings) but then the script gets aborted with no further information.

I have attached the kodi.log (Emby for Kodi Debug log activated, Kodi Debug log deactivated) and the kodi_debug.log (both Debug log activated as only here I get any log lines about emby besides the line which Addon-Version is installed).

Help is really appreciated as the only idea I could get Emby running again is installing server 3.x and the old plugin version (2.3(?)) where I have to change the database version manually in the database.py before each start to get it running with Kodi v18.

Thanks a million in advance!

kodi_debug.log

kodi.log

• 3 weeks later...

Has no one an idea? EmbyCon is working, however I would prefer the Emby Addon as the movies and tv series are imported into Kodi.

On my FireTV Stick the Emby Plugin is working without any problem.

I also tried the newer Versions of the plugin, also without any luck.

Please help me :(

Angelblue05

@@bblum

I don't see an error regarding Emby for Kodi in your log other than it just seems nothing started. And I highly doubt there's an issue with service.py as you wouldn't be the only one with this issue, right?

When you said you did a fresh install, you mean you actually reinstalled Kodi right? Not simply deleted Kodi. I see some permission errors in your log or it's something really wrong if addons is missing. Likely it's related?

18:16:09.406 T:139926614705088    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /home/media/.kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
18:16:09.409 T:139926614705088    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
Edited by Angelblue05