Backdrops in Jan 2019 update

Punch

Backdrops on the home screen and folders have stopped working in the latest update. Turn back on please : )

Edited by Punch

They're working just fine for me.

I think you need to submit a server log and indicate what device you're using for playback as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

They're working just fine for me.

I think you need to submit a server log and indicate what device you're using for playback as well.

What device are you using ?

What device are you using ?

Server 4.0.1.0 Stable

AndroidTV 1.6.79g Beta

BTW, but this was in Library View, not Folder View.

Hi.  We have removed these for now in the grid views.

Since they are 95% obscured in those views, they ended up being more "noise" than anything else.  Notice how Google also removed backdrops from the main device home.

This may become an option in the future.

Thanks.

For me it is working on one of those Android boxes but not on the FireTV Stick.

But tbh. I don't know if it has ever worked on the FTVS I just noticed it on the Android box and checked it on the FTVS afterwards.

Since they are 95% obscured in those views, they ended up being more "noise" than anything else.  Notice how Google also removed backdrops from the main device home.

Thanks.

Nah guys... it brought the home screen to life and I would like it back ASAP. I do not like just colors as themes in the background.

And i provide content to othe friends and family which is making it look like I'mm encountering issues.

This was an option in the settings an should remain as such for those who don't want it. I cannot stand my home screen now and would really appreciate if it was turned back on straight away and not in a FUTURE release. Customization is always a plus and totally removing them when they could be options are a no no.

Been a long time premiere user since MB days but only now managing my own server as I was on my brother's before. 

PLEASE TURN IT BACK ON ASAP GUYS !

Peace and love

• Like 2

As a suggestion for the future you could do is fade out the bottom of the backdrop  into black to reduce the "noise" like how you have it when in pre playback screen and only scroll half the screen. And also implement a smaller fast lane menu with some transparency and animation similar to Netflix's implementation. You could probably leave it off while inside a folder and/or have it off by default with the option to turn it on in settings...

But for now please turn it back on..

Edited by Punch

BlazedMonkey

Seriously, why was this removed?  You have the option built into the app already with "Show backdrop on home screen", so if people want less "noise" as you put it, they can disable it themselves.  As Punch said above:

it brought the home screen to life and I would like it back ASAP. I do not like just colors as themes in the background.

This was an option in the settings an should remain as such for those who don't want it. I cannot stand my home screen now and would really appreciate if it was turned back on straight away and not in a FUTURE release. Customization is always a plus and totally removing them when they could be options are a no no.

BlazedMonkey

Additionally, if your argument is that:

Thanks.

If Google jumped off a bridge......?

So why are they still enabled in the web client, if they are just "noise" as you put it?  Notice how nice it looks on the web client?  Now compare that to the Android client, and see how FLAT and BORING it looks comparatively.

Honestly, you have a toggle for this already built into the app, why are you folks mucking about disabling it when this should clearly be , and has been up to this point, left up to the user?  If you think it looks like noise, fine, disable the checkbox by default. But FFS, don't have a checkbox there that doesn't even DO anything, especially when it was previously functional.