Invalid username or Password All of a sudden

space2001

space2001

For some reason on my Sheild tv I am getting invalid username and password.

I tried uninstalling the app but same thing.

I am using pin for local network that is blank.

The only authentication requests I see in that log are not from Android TV.

One looks like maybe an Apple device and the other is from Kodi.  Interestingly, both failed and then succeeded on a subsequent attempt.

space2001

My daughter watches on her appletv so that was her. I will see if I can get a clean log and when no one is using it except me.

rabbit1543

I have noticed this recently as well. What i can tell you is that only my android TVs are affected.

I run the beta server and let it update itself so it is always the latest. (4.1.0.5 beta)

I am also signed up for androidTV beta. (AndroidTv 1.6.81g)

I am not sure exactly when this started but I believe it was some time last week.

If you enable a user for "easy pin code" with a blank pin and you check "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" you will get this error

Once you assign a pin or disable the option for "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" you can then sign in without issue. 

Can get you logs if needed but this one should be easily reproduced.

The workaround of forcing a pin or password sign in is also reliable.

I have noticed this recently as well. What i can tell you is that only my android TVs are affected.

I run the beta server and let it update itself so it is always the latest. (4.1.0.5 beta)

I am also signed up for androidTV beta. (AndroidTv 1.6.81g)

I am not sure exactly when this started but I believe it was some time last week.

If you enable a user for "easy pin code" with a blank pin and you check "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" you will get this error

Once you assign a pin or disable the option for "Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code" you can then sign in without issue. 

Can get you logs if needed but this one should be easily reproduced.

The workaround of forcing a pin or password sign in is also reliable.

I have this exact setup and cannot reproduce this problem.  Can you please cause the problem and then post the server log?

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem