LiveTV > Guide

jaketame

samuelqwe

Scrap that, available on web but not on Android

Mobile apps (Android or iOS) should reflect the same behaviour as on the web, unless you are referring to Android TV. In that case, there is no option for that at the moment.

unless you are referring to Android TV. In that case, there is no option for that at the moment.

That is not true.  You absolutely can configure your default landing tab to any of the available ones in the Android TV app.  Scroll to the right to the "Settings" tab in any library.

• Like 1

jaketame

That is not true.  You absolutely can configure your default landing tab to any of the available ones in the Android TV app.  Scroll to the right to the "Settings" tab in any library.

I hunted for a while and couldn't find it. Will test again and feedback.

I hunted for a while and couldn't find it. Will test again and feedback.

You couldn't find the Settings tab?

We hope to re-arrange how these are presented in the not too distant future to make that much easier.

jaketame

You couldn't find the Settings tab?

We hope to re-arrange how these are presented in the not too distant future to make that much easier.

Correct - I never knew there was a Settings along the top tab within LiveTV for both FireTV and AndroidTV you can't see this.

When your in the Guide there is also a COG icon for settings so looked here naturally but didn't find the default.

I have now found the Settings tab after looking for it properly and changed to Grid view as default. Would be good if there was a global Setting for this within the main page settings, similar to web view.

I have now found the Settings tab after looking for it properly and changed to Grid view as default. Would be good if there was a global Setting for this within the main page settings, similar to web view.

So you don't think that locating the setting right where it takes effect is an easier method?

You'd rather have a monolithic dialog with all settings in it?

jaketame

So you don't think that locating the setting right where it takes effect is an easier method?

You'd rather have a monolithic dialog with all settings in it?

Just an easier method would make sense.

Even like

Settings > Libraries > *list all libraries > Library Setting

Settings > Libraries > *list all libraries > Library Setting

What we have now is actually one step less and, in my mind, increases the value by creating proper context for it:

Library->Settings->Library Setting

So, you are in a library and wish to change how it appears - you go to the settings right in that library and make the change.

Instead of leaving the library you are in to find the global settings page and then search that page for the library you were just in to find the setting you wish to change.

That's what we were going for here anyway...

samuelqwe

That is not true. You absolutely can configure your default landing tab to any of the available ones in the Android TV app. Scroll to the right to the "Settings" tab in any library.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

NO, keep it how it is in Android TV.

Keep local settings in the section they apply to.

Other Global settings in the main app setting section.

That makes it much clearer how they apply (it's scope) as well as keep the amount of settings much smaller in those local settings.  You can get right to the settings that apply in those sections.