Allow User decided Inactivity for login requirements

don.alcombright

don.alcombright

For parental control reasons, since the Apple TV (possible other apps as well) have an "inactivity reset" for the User login screen which I believe is set to 1 hour, I feel it would be great to allow this configurable on the UI so that a parent can make sure its always required where as someone who doesn't care about it can have it set to 1hr or higher.

Something along the lines of:

1. Always required

2. Couple minutes

3. Couple hours

This could be an admin setting on the device or even better a per user setting, but I would just appreciate it to be configurable as it currently is my blocking task as to why I haven't fully rolled out Emby to my family.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

Maybe I am missing something in the Apple TV settings, but the same experience appears to be the case where re-opening the app brings up the last user even after setting 'Remember Me: No'. Just confirmed that even with the "no" selection after several hours I was able to open Emby and immediately presented the interface for me.  

This is one feature as a parent I wish had better control as I have no way to manage the content my young children can access except closing out the app with the double click of the home button and swiping up.  Having a setting or requiring user selection every time the app is opened would be great (forced or an option in the settings).

30 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Maybe I am missing something in the Apple TV settings, but the same experience appears to be the case where re-opening the app brings up the last user even after setting 'Remember Me: No'. Just confirmed that even with the "no" selection after several hours I was able to open Emby and immediately presented the interface for me.  

This is one feature as a parent I wish had better control as I have no way to manage the content my young children can access except closing out the app with the double click of the home button and swiping up.  Having a setting or requiring user selection every time the app is opened would be great (forced or an option in the settings).

Hi, yes we will look at improving this. Thanks.

• Like 1