Why doesn't artist background appear in these two windows?

KumarjitDey

They absolutely do. If your artists have background images assigned, they will be displayed on these screens. Do your artists have these images?

KumarjitDey

The Artists do have background images assigned. Its just when I enter an album the art simply vanishes! Also, note that artist bio is not being displayed.

5c508c6823b8c_Annotation20190130100229.j5c508c734e923_Annotation20190130100429.j

KumarjitDey

Please note that I am facing the same problem in the web client, i.e., artist image is not appearing in the background.

5c5173ad57ed4_Annotation20190131043214.j

Edited by KumarjitDey

Happy2Play

@@Luke

The issue is where the backdrops reside.  Not looking in new Artist location \library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I just added new artist and album "\akon\freedom" 

Artist and Album are recognized, but since images are no longer saved in Artist level folder the album has no backdrops.

Putting images in artist folder provides backdrop for albums.

KumarjitDey

@@Luke

What?! That's a tedious job. Putting artist images in every artist folder.

@@Luke

The issue is where the backdrops reside.  Not looking in new Artist location \library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I just added new artist and album "\akon\freedom" 

Artist and Album are recognized, but since images are no longer saved in Artist level folder the album has no backdrops.

@@Happy2Play this doesn't mean the artist can't have backdrops. it just means they're not where you'd expect them to be.

Happy2Play

Right, that is why we are seeing mixed results.  As I have images still in existing artist folders.

KumarjitDey

So, the ultimate solution to this is... placing an image in every artist folder now?

Edited by KumarjitDey

Happy2Play

So, the ultimate solution to this is... placing an image in every artist folder now?

Well it would be a current workaround for the issue, but you would have to test to see if it works for you.  Otherwise wait for an official fix in a future release.

ryandavidg

Having the same issue, and I do have images in the metadata/artists/xxx folders. As you can see there is no longer any artist backdrop for this album, but the backdrop which used to be there still appears in the relevant album artist. These two images in Album Artist are in metadata/artists/Paul Oakenfold

PArI63NM_o.png

Album Artist:

x9uo6R5l_o.png

Really hoping this can be fixed soon, spent a very long time putting together all these backdrops, some of which I made/edited in photoshop.

Thanks

KumarjitDey

fix in a future release.

Oh, please:

1. Fix this

2. Fix the Now Playing icon overlapping with 'Folders' in browsing page

3. Introduce Artist bio

3. Introduce Lyrics