Can you "make hidden" local trailers and will MB3 still see them and play them ?

Mfusick

Mfusick

I often get scraper issues with MB3 and PLEX and various with different types of trailers.   My question is if I make trailers "hidden" will they still get played by MB3 ?

Mfusick

I have to make hidden about 100GB of trailers which equates to thousands and thousands.   It's harder to do than you'd imagine.   I guess I could try a fake library and see.  I was hoping someone like you simply knew the answer  :P

AgileHumor

I had this problem when I still used Plex.  However, looks like Plex will need to make the changes you require, not MB3.

I have to make hidden about 100GB of trailers which equates to thousands and thousands.   It's harder to do than you'd imagine.   I guess I could try a fake library and see.  I was hoping someone like you simply knew the answer  :P

Try this command run from the root of your movie folder:

attrib +h trailer.mp4 /s

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490868.aspx

Mfusick

I am not sure I understand this enough.  I do this for every movie folder?  Just each collection folder ?  Or the root drive ?  (My root drive is a 50TB pool in Flexraid)

The /s switch means to include all subdirectories so you would do it at the root of your movies folder - although, I might test it on a small sub-set before doing this.