Audio Issues

Menissalt

Menissalt

I'm having an issue across all devices and what seems to be all media files. Anytime I'm watching something that has bass, the audio distorts and flattens out. It just sounds terrible. It doesn't matter what volume I'm at either.

I've searched for answers on Google and on the forums and haven't found anything so I'm asking for ideas, opinions, etc. Hopefully I'm just making some rookie mistake and can fix it easily with your help.

Let me know if you need anymore information and I'll gladly provide it to you.

Menissalt

Great responses, for those interested or that experience this issue in the future..

I solved the issue. My files were too high quality. They were straight .m2ts files from a blu-ray and my guess is that the audio wasn't being properly transcoded. After a 'quick' conversion my audio is now great across all devices. 

This post may be in the wrong section, I'm not sure. This seemed to be the best place for it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry for the lack of responses, i think it's just because we don't know :)

However, one thing to try if you still have some of the original files remaining. In advanced -> transcoding you could remove the audio boost by setting it to 1.

Menissalt

However, one thing to try if you still have some of the original files remaining. In advanced -> transcoding you could remove the audio boost by setting it to 1.

This is an excellent idea, I stumbled across this in the settings but wasn't sure if it was a down mix or a boost because it's labeled "Down mix audio boost scale". After converting to a more transcoding friendly format my audio is passable, but I'm a bit of an audio snob and there is still some minor distortion. I'll try this and see what happens.

I seriously love this sever app. Really wish I had waited one my day to buy the android app though, barely missed the sale by buying early.

Yea looking at that label, it needs improvement :)

For the amount of effort Redshirt puts into the android app, it's well worth it.

Menissalt

I agree, I'm currently watching Avatar over 4G. Everything about this is great.