Apply "Use file creation date" to existing files

vmcosco

vmcosco

I just set up a new server and imported all of my Emby settings and what not.  Everything went quite smoothly.  I kept the same folder structure/names in place when i imported.  Once imported, i rearranged some of my TV Show folders and let Emby re-scan.  One mistake I made was that I had was i had "date scanned into library" instead of "creation date" for date added.  This seems to have messed up my "Latest TV Shows" section.  Is there a way to apply "creation date" now that the library has been re-scanned?

I think this may have caused a similar issue with my albums.  The "lastest albums" are in reverse order by album artist since they were probably scanned in alphabetically.

Happy2Play

Do you Save metadata with media?

There is no way to change these dates once imported into the database, as the setting only applies to new media.

Most likely you would have to remove the media, perform a library scan, and re-add the media after changing this setting.

If you do save metadata with media then a dateadded field resides in the nfo file and they will have to be deleted if you want created instead of scanned date.

vmcosco

Do you Save metadata with media?

There is no way to change these dates once imported into the database, as the setting only applies to new media.

Most likely you would have to remove the media, perform a library scan, and re-add the media after changing this setting.

If you do save metadata with media then a dateadded field resides in the nfo file and they will have to be deleted if you want created instead of scanned date.

Thanks.  Yes, I save the metadata with the the media.  That is what I was afraid of.  I will just leave it as is.  Not worth deleting all of the NFOs.  I may just manually change dates in some of the episodes that are messed up

Happy2Play

They are "premium" plugins but the TimeLord plugins change the DateAdded date to the Premiere Date.

• 2 weeks later...
1971camaroguy

Hopping onto this post I had a question about TimeLord

I have the plugin installed for movies and created the libraries (horror, comedy action) after the fact. I already have existing metadata in my media folders. 

Ran a scan but in the latest movies they are still showing up by date added and not the actual release date

I know I am doing something wrong, but unsure. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

d00zah

Hopping onto this post I had a question about TimeLord

I have the plugin installed for movies and created the libraries (horror, comedy action) after the fact. I already have existing metadata in my media folders. 

Ran a scan but in the latest movies they are still showing up by date added and not the actual release date

I know I am doing something wrong, but unsure. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Run the last item in the 'Scheduled Tasks' list...  'Time Lord Movies'.

1971camaroguy

I did, but nothing changed, I even had a scheduled task to run last night too

What does this modify? Anything i could be looking for or delete to force to re-add?

Thanks for the quick reply

1971camaroguy

Ah ok, I checked a movie (2 fast 2 furious) and it's not modified

I use Media Center Master when I rename my movie files and move them and it creates an xml document that is placed in the media folder. I wonder if that is messing with TimeLord

post-6837-0-11964600-1549560631_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1971camaroguy

d00zah

Ah ok, I checked a movie (2 fast 2 furious) and it's not modified

I use Media Center Master when I rename my movie files and move them and it creates an xml document that is placed in the media folder. I wonder if that is messing with TimeLord

I THINK the problem may be that emby doesn't write db changes to the .xml. If it re-reads the original .xml,, the date gets reverted. I have emby configured to save metadata with media, so date changes are written to the .nfo & are consistent even if re-read.

Make sense?

edit: a script could be written to emulate what Time Lord does to the emby db... read the .xml & change the 'date added' field to the same value as the 'release date' field? still, use of native .nfos would be sooo much easier.

Edited by d00zah

1971camaroguy

Yeah I think so, there's not any reason I need to have these XML files so I am thinking I will delete those and quit creating them with Media Center Master

That will at least take that out of the picture and I can see what i have. I know emby is reading the xml first because I have made changes in the xml and the changes show up immediately in the interface

Where's the setting to save metadata with media? I'm trying to comb this and I think I am overlooking it lol

Edited by 1971camaroguy

d00zah

Where's the setting to save metadata with media? I'm trying to comb this and I think I am overlooking it lol

It's a 'per library' setting... look for the 'Save artwork into media folders' check box in the management settings of ANY/EACH library.

Sadly, it'll only do this for new additions, so you might want to NOT delete the .xmls just yet.

Try this under library management:

- Delete the library.

- Run scan.

- Re-create the library with 'Save artwork into media folders' checked.

- Emby will re-scan the library, reading the existing .xmls & saving new metadata with media.

- THEN, you can delete the existing .xmls & run the Time Lord scheduled task.

All it takes is some time...

Edited by d00zah

1971camaroguy

Cool thanks I will try that

One last question...where does emby save the .nfo files for each movie? Will it be in the media folder after the "save artwork into media folders" box is ticked? Just wanted to be sure

Thanks again for your help

d00zah

Will it be in the media folder after the "save artwork into media folders" box is ticked? Just wanted to be sure

Thanks again for your help

yes.

post-10374-0-25007800-1549567034_thumb.jpg

happy to help.

Edited by d00zah