Cinema Mode Enhancements

GreyBeard

GreyBeard

The idea of trivia slides has been brought up before and @@Luke said it was a great idea in 2014 but it seems to have lost its legs. I can see where adding in the process to encode both music and jpg files on the fly and send then to the client for xx minutes could be pretty involved but how about just adding one more video before the trailers in the plugin? Set a directory to play one random file before the trailers start. We can then take our slides and music files and make a video as long as we want the slides to play.

I know its not a function that the majority of users would use, but for those that already use the plugin, I would bet a majority of them would use it.

The second thought tied in with the hue plugin that is working again. Is it possible for a plugin (such as hue) to tell what type of video is playing? The following flow is what I'm after.

Select movie and press play.

Trivia slides/video plays and  main lights dim 50%.

Trailers start and main lights dim to 0%.

Theater intro video starts and accent lights set color and levels.

Codec videos play then main feature plays.

At start of credits rolling, main lights come up to 30% (this one is tricky because it would require a tag for each movie stating what time in the movie this happens)

Movie ends. Accent lights go off and main lights go to 100%.

All of this is possible with the Cinema Experience plugin for Kodi except for the part about the credits the last time I used it.

Don't get me started on my idea of drapes that move to change the screen size based on the aspect ratio.

• Like 3

but how about just adding one more video before the trailers in the plugin? Set a directory to play one random file before the trailers start. We can then take our slides and music files and make a video as long as we want the slides to play.

Hi.  Don't we already have this with Custom Intros?

GreyBeard

The custom intros currently plays after the trailers (as it should). This would be a video that plays before everything else. Think of it as the filler while people are coming in and getting settled.

• 3 months later...
otispresley

I liked this post because I feel we could bring more customization to Cinema Mode. I currently use Kodi with CinemaVision, but that project seems to be stalled out and has not been updated for Kodi 18 still. It would be better to have similar capability in Emby anyway. The enhancements I would like to see are:

1. Trivia Slides before movie - This could easily be a separate plugin that triggers before Cinema Mode (when enabled). It needs to support Question, Answer, and Comment slides with configurable display times and total time to run trivia. It would also be nice to be able to specify a custom intro to play before trivia (file or folder)
  2. Ability to add additional custom intros (file or folder) and rearrange the order
  3. Add an outro file or folder to play after the movie

I think these enhancements would be great and go a long way toward creating a true cinema experience with Emby.