General Inquiry: Color Coded Backgrounds

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I'm trying to find out where the guide pulls it's information to color code channels in the guide view.

Currently, I'm using IPTV sources, and some channels are color coded, some are not.

I'm my attached image link, news programs appear to be green, and sports blue.

But right below the few channels that are showing color coded, are pretty much the same channels from another region, but they are not color coded even though they are playing similar programs.

Also, I couldn't find anywhere in the forums or help as to what colors are assigned to what programs. I would like to know what all color codes are used and what they represent.

I'm a little over-the-top when it comes to organization, so this is more of a ignorance on my part that I would just like to understand more, even if I can't utilize with IPTV, or my IPTV provider more specifically.

EPG Example: https://i.imgur.com/upwAA7b.png

In closing, I did try to search the forums for information on this, but for whatever reason, the word, "color" is an unapproved word for search. 
Forum Censor Example: https://i.imgur.com/VfDBVQI.png

Thanks for any information on this!

It's very basic, there is a color for movies, sports, news and kids shows, and that's really it. It was modeled after a similar feature in windows media center. You can turn these color shadings off in the guide view settings if you prefer. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

atomicmoon

It's very basic, there is a color for movies, sports, news and kids shows, and that's really it. It was modeled after a similar feature in windows media center. You can turn these color shadings off in the guide view settings if you prefer. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thank you and I understand all of that, I'm more curious as what flags they are looking for and in what file are they looking for them in? The xml or the m3u in the instance of IPTV. I edit my url's and I'm curious why only some programs are being color coded as per the example. 

Thanks.