Library not scanning

Akilian

Hi there, can you please attach a server log? What happens when you try to scan the library? Thanks.

Nothing. On the dashboard notifications it says scan failed.

Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Ellie's Movies'.
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1..ctor(String directory, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetFilteredFileSystemEntries(IDirectoryService directoryService, String path, IFileSystem fileSystem, IServerApplicationHost appHost, ILogger logger, ItemResolveArgs args, Int32 flattenFolderDepth, Boolean resolveShortcuts)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.CreateResolveArgs(IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean setPhysicalLocations)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.RequiresRefresh()
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Hi,

starting with emby couple of days ago, had the same error. Tried to solve it with an update from 3.0.6 to 4.0.1 without success.

After enabling debug logging I came across a similar error message saying 

Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/...'

First guess was there were some erranous links in accessing the directories under /var and just tried to work around with a symlink "ln -s /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby-server".

What should I say, seems like it had the expected effect, library scan works.

Cheers,

Solemn

Hi,

starting with emby couple of days ago, had the same error. Tried to solve it with an update from 3.0.6 to 4.0.1 without success.

After enabling debug logging I came across a similar error message saying 

Could not find a part of the path '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/...'

First guess was there were some erranous links in accessing the directories under /var and just tried to work around with a symlink "ln -s /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby-server".

What should I say, seems like it had the expected effect, library scan works.

Cheers,

Solemn

Yes, I went back to version 3. I'll try the symlink. Thanks.

I'm still on v4, the fix is quick and dirty but apparently works on both releases.

As this seems to to be coded somewhere in the source, is there a bug tracker or similar to file that?

Edited by Solemn

I did, but the log was from before... I then created a symlink 

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root    root       4 Jan 30 20:15 emby-server -> emby
Now it does scan library.