Movie Version Selector is only resolution/codec now

hoverdose

hoverdose

I love the new Android TV update, but it has broken one of the main things that pushed me away from Plex - the detailed "Select Version" menu.

As an example, it just has "1080p HEVC" listed three times when one is supposed to be Theatrical Cut, another is Director's Cut etc. The files are named correctly using the proper convention.

It would also be nice to still have the option of choosing the version via popup menu upon starting the movie. I don't like the fact that you have to manually choose it prior (especially now I don't know which version I'm selecting!)

• Like 2

hoverdose

Hi. The labeling is different than it was before the update to the app?

It very much is. I have named a huge portion of my library in one of the two ways that Emby recognises, for example:

• Night of the Living Dead (1968) - 1080p Colourised Edition.mkv
  • Night of the Living Dead (1968) [1080p B&W Edition].mkv

Both of which yielded a drop down menu item with the info either after the hyphen or in the square brackets (and indeed this is still the case on the Android app).

After the Android TV update it is simply Resolution and Codec with no clue as to which version it is anywhere  

Edited by hoverdose

hoverdose

Does it match what you see in the web app?

No, it doesn't. It did previously - both ATV and Web had a version dropdown, and video codec as a seperate field. Now on ATV, the version text is completely absent and it has become a video codec dropdown instead.

I've attached an example post-306418-0-56932500-1548659737_thumb.png

adamstewiegreen

I have the same problem. The app only shows codec info, but my version selections are all director's cuts/special editions. This makes selecting a version a guessing game.

• Like 2

Okay, apologies.  No one caught this in beta.

Should be fixed in the next release of the app.

Thanks.

• Like 2

hoverdose

Hi. Is it possible for one of you to try the beta version of the app and confirm this is proper now?

Thanks.

Much better! But there's still a mild issue.

As is greatly preferred, the "video" dropdown is now the "version" dropdown, however the title of the list is still "video", and there is no video section at all. This isn't a huge issue for me, but I can see this being very useful for a lot of users.

As an example, it should be:

Version: Director's Cut

Video: 1080P HEVC

Audio: 5.1 DTS

However now it is:

Video: Director's Cut

Audio: 5.1 DTS

Edited by hoverdose

Hi.  Look up :).

The information in the detail area a little higher should have the video specifics.

We just don't have so much horizontal space in the area where these selections are and, for most people, the different versions are different resolutions as opposed to different editions.  In that case, you end up with redundant information taking up very valuable screen space.

hoverdose

Hi.  Look up :).

The information in the detail area a little higher should have the video specifics.

It kinda does, but it just lists the resolutions in a sequence (eg 4K/1080p/1080p) and nothing changes when you choose a version.

Totally appreciate that there's not much screen real estate though, I think the current fix is by far the best compromise. I had the foresight to include resolutions in my version naming (eg Director's Cut 1080p) so it's not an issue for me!