Playback stream problem...

leofuscaldi

leofuscaldi

Hi Friends,

I'm new to Emby and I'm having some issues. But as I'm enjoying it, the idea to have a Server for the media and an app on my TV, I'll prefer to solve the problems.

So, I have a NanoPi M4 Board (4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, USB3.0 ports, GBe Lan, RK3399 CPU) + Armbian as my server machine. There is an 2.0TB USB3 HD connected.

My TV, an 4K WebOS LG is connected thru cable to a GB switch, where I got the Board connected as well.

My problem is: when I play the videos stored on the HD thru my TV, video stream keeps stop for long periods. It plays a few seconds, stops a few seconds. Play again for a few seconds, stops a few seconds.. as if you have a poor connection to YouTube and stream speed is not enough.

I don't know how to deal with cache size or anything else. I'm playing 1080p files, not even a 4K one. Board CPU almost Idle.

If I play the file thru a video player directly on the board, it goes without hiccups, so, I'm assuming the problem is not with the HD or the USB3 connection.

I've attached below the latest log files and a screenshot of the CPU ...

Can someone help me to stabilize this?

Something I've found on the logs that called my attention: Time: 985670ms

I'm not sure if it is related........

2019-01-27 15:37:33.180 Info HttpServer: SocketException: http://192.168.1.10:8096/emby/Videos/36/stream.mkv?Static=true&mediaSourceId=c995f613e54d3e934d8c7ce0097bea56&deviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdlYjBTOyBMaW51eC9TbWFydFRWKSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvNTMuMC4yNzg1LjM0IFNhZmFyaS81MzcuMzYgV2ViQXBwTWFuYWdlcnwxNTQ4MzY0NjYyMTQy&api_key=d518a53711114b49a1fa62ac46e46f10 2019-01-27 15:37:33.180 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 192.168.1.20. Time: 985670ms. http://192.168.1.10:8096/emby/Videos/36/stream.mkv?Static=true&mediaSourceId=c995f613e54d3e934d8c7ce0097bea56&deviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdlYjBTOyBMaW51eC9TbWFydFRWKSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvNTMuMC4yNzg1LjM0IFNhZmFyaS81MzcuMzYgV2ViQXBwTWFuYWdlcnwxNTQ4MzY0NjYyMTQycffdfb96a520929362fd41232ba8c05c.jpg

Enviado de meu MI 8 usando o Tapatalk

leofuscaldi

ffmpeg-remux-73329e76-191e-4f2f-ad27-1c1e1d5113a7_1.txthardware-detection-63684264876.txtembyserver.txt

Can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Sure, here it is:

• Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck.  

Any videos that I try to play, I click on it, wait a few seconds and it starts to play. Then, a couple seconds later it freezes. After some time frozen, it plays again, but for a few seconds only and freezes again. Have few examples of TV Shows (1080p) and Movies (Both 1080p and 4K files) on the logs...

• Make sure to indicate which Emby App you're using. 

Emby running on LG WebOS TV - Latest version available.

• Include the version of the server that you're using. This information can be found on the front page of the server's web dashboard.

4.0.1.0 - Linux Server @ NanoPi M4 connected thru Gigabit Ethernet.

leofuscaldi

The data is not compressed properly as a result it is not streaming properly and interrupting the playback.You can check https://errorcode0x.com/resolve-steam-error-code-80/ to know more about it 

Hi Zikkij, thanks for your help.

All video files were downloaded. So, this is happening with all video files. 

On the link you sent, there are examples for Windows. System time is correct, permissions are correct as well. Conflicts I don't think are the case as the only service running on the computer is emby.

I didn't see how to fix stream cache on linux on the link. The correction only applies to windows.

@@leofuscaldi, so there was a problem with this file?

/media/hdext/Series/The Big Bang Theory/S12/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S12E12.1080p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/the.big.bang.theory.s12e12.1080p.web.x264-tbs.mkv

leofuscaldi

Hi. As I liked emby, I'm trying again. Deleted EVERYTHING, reinstalled emby. No extra was activated (Traktv, opensubtitles, etc). 

But still have errors while playing files. And it happens on every file. As all my files were downloaded and the problem doesn't happen on other players (like kodi) / streaming methods (like minidlna), I'm assuming is not a corrupted file problem.

Any help to identify the problem would be welcome  :)

• 1 month later...
leofuscaldi

@@leofuscaldi are you able to play from the emby web app on the server machine? Thanks !

Hi Luke, 

sorry for the delay.

I was suspecting that the problem was on my external HD: a portable WD 2TB disk. I started considering that it was suffering from underpower on USB3. So, I ordered (and only today arrived) a new cable with extra usb power plug. 

I could watch a TV Series epsidoes with no problems on Plex. On emby, it started, had couple streaming problems and stopped playing. When it stopped, I realized that it was due to the fact that the service has desappeared from my linux!

It's the same problem that I used to have: I get it installed and after some time, the service vanishes........

Can you please attach a new emby server log? I know you provided one earlier, i just would like to see an alternative one in case that provides new information. thanks !