Alexa integration on fire tv

snazy2000

snazy2000

With the announcement of google home integration on Android TV on home screen, is there a plan to support Alexa on fire tv as well from home screen? This would be massive for fore tv users just like im sure it will be amazing on Android TV! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snazy2000

@@ebr I believe that you have to say tell emby to play this but by looks of it the new google integration you say play <film> and it will then find it on all sources not just emby.

I haven't tried the Alexa directly on my FireTV only through the dot so if i'm wrong cant wait to use it! Will try later :) 

@@ebr I believe that you have to say tell emby to play this but by looks of it the new google integration you say play and it will then find it on all sources not just emby.

I believe the only way that will work on Amazon is if you have a centralized VoD catalog available globally to a skill (and are registered with Amazon for this).  IOW - the search is performed on a central web server somewhere as opposed to Google's implementation which has the search occur on the device itself.

Our system doesn't quite work like that so doesn't fit into their use-case.

snazy2000

I believe the only way that will work on Amazon is if you have a centralized VoD catalog available globally to a skill (and are registered with Amazon for this).  IOW - the search is performed on a central web server somewhere as opposed to Google's implementation which has the search occur on the device itself.

Our system doesn't quite work like that so doesn't fit into their use-case.

That makes sense, looks like I may have to invest in a Android TV haha