how is the music displayed and organized by in emby

TheExterminator

TheExterminator

Is it based on file structure, id3 tags or both?

I have been fixing incorrect tags when I come across them. I have some artists who have the exact same name in the artist shown multiple times. One artist shows up 38 times. I wish I could fix this but I'm not sure what to do. All if the media for this particular artist is under one folder.

TheExterminator

My issue is a little different. For the artist Aerosmith, it shows up twice in the list of artists.

I ran my entire Aerosmith folder through my id3 tagger application and all of the tracks have Aerosmith for the artist and a blank album artist. I've tried doing identify but it still lists this artist twice.

I have many other artists who show up multiple times and I dont know how to fix it even though they are tagged correctly.

Its annoying to have to scroll through multiple artists listed multiple times.

Forgot to mention, each of the artists that appear more than once in the library only appear once in metadata manager

I've also noticed that at least in some (but I can't say for sure that its true for all until I look into this further) cases, if I click on the duplicate artists, different albums will show up under each duplicate artist listing

so album A by Aerosmith will showup under the first Aerosmith listing and the 2nd Aerosmith listing will have album B

Edited by TheExterminator