Bug(?): emby home > latest shows appear twice

hi2hello

hi2hello

Hi there, 

running emby server 4.0.1.0 in a docker from the official emby stable repo under unraid. 

Since 4.0.1.0 the lastest show that has been added to emby appears twice under the tab "latest shows / new shows" (dont know the exact term in the english version as I am running emby in german language where this is "Neueste Serien").

After another show got added, the former show appears once, so correct but than the recent add is showing up twice. 

Did not see this under earlier versions of emby. 

I attached a screenshot to clearify what I mean …

Thanks for feedback. 

post-205744-0-54633000-1548542596_thumb.png

Edited by hi2hello

hi2hello

Sure.

Already did that before and just retried: library scans do run fine but even after such a scan, for single or all libraries, do not change a thing from what I described above. Images still appear 2 times next to each other.

Edited by hi2hello

hi2hello

Refreshing metadata on that series doesn’t help either. 

As I stated, the phenomena is not just on that one show or series but occurs with every show that was added recently and than exclusively to that.

EVERY latest addition to shows  is showing up twice on the left side in the first two positions. As soon as I add another one, the former one displays correctly (in position 3) while the new one than is showing up twice. 

I honestly doubt, It has something to do with metadata, at least of that one show
(although I am also having some other minor issues with Version 4.0.1.0 when it comes to metadata such as: metainfos are randomly downloaded in the wrong language, many people of content added before 4.* are missing)

Edited by hi2hello

hi2hello

Update: whatever happened - the error just went away or better said: the are no new errors occuring.

There is only one show under "newest" remaining that is showing up twice, and those two show-posters are pushed forward to the right, time by time new content is added. So I d guess, it is just a matter of time till that "double-post" will disappear. 

New content shows up the way it is intended to, means: a single poster shows up. 

If the error occurs again, I will let you know.

Edited by hi2hello

hi2hello

After a restart of the server, the phenomena appears again but right now just with that one show. Although I also had it with a new show that was added recently. After deleting the .nfo files of that new show it was fine again (on that partucular show). 

Here’s what else I did so far:

- deleted all the .nfo files and let emby do its scraping work once more but still: double entry. 

- scanned the whole library once more

- scanned the shows library once more

- replaced metadata on show

- replaced metadata on season

- replaced metadata on episodes

- restarted the server multiple times

Nothing solved the issue. Now I simply don’t have any more ideas on how to get rid of this.

Meta Manager shows the following which seems to be right to me:

post-205744-0-25207700-1549197633_thumb.png

post-205744-0-05095200-1549197652_thumb.png

That's very strange. what you could try is pulling that whole series out of your library, running a full library scan, then adding it back. This is most likely a quirk with the upgrade from 3.5. I doubt this would happen with new library content. Thanks.