Duplicate Show Names with Different Seasons

bb165

Since the new update, I have got duplicate shows but with different seasons/episodes. The Web UI for Emby is fine. This has only occurred in Kodi. I have tried database resets etc but no luck resolving it. I have seasons for shows on multiple drives so seems like a pooling issue.

I didn't have this issue before the update. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks

i had this issue also in Saturday. The resolution was on Sunday a database reset on all my devices and triggered a clean sync. Also it was better to do it only on one device at the time (no parrallel syncs). After that all was fine again. Maybe there was a problem that i updated on Saturday also Emby from 3.x to the latest 4.x Version.

• Like 1

Hi,

So i've updated the Emby server to the latest stable version (4.0.1). I've done the same with Emby for Kodi (4.0.1). I reset the Kodi database via Emby for Kodi menu (this includes Emby for Kodi settings) and rebuilt the database.

It seems as though it could be my file structure that may be causing the issue because it is only certain Shows that are affected. E.g I have "ShowA and ShowB"

ShowA could have Season 1 on Drive1 and Season 2 Episode 1-6 on Drive1 and Episode 7-12 on Drive2
ShowB could Season 1-4 could be on Drive3.

In this scenario, it is only ShowA that is affected by having a duplicate Show Name entry in Kodi with the first entry pointing to all the Seasons/Episodes on Drive1 and the second entry pointing to all Season/Episodes on Drive2, however, in the Emby Web UI all the Seasons/Episodes are merged under ShowA (This also used to be the case prior to updating Emby for Kodi to the latest version and the Emby Server to the latest version)

I think the above is how you can replicate the issue.

kodi.log

I tried rolling back to the old stable server/kodi addon but that introduced a new bugs.

Wondering if you've had a chance to look at the log? @@Angelblue05

It seems as though the files with the "integrity error" may be affected.

Thanks

• Like 1