Sort by last file added?

lightsout

lightsout

I am using Emby for DVR purposes, everything going to my TV library. When I sort by "date added", things get sorted by when the shows were originally added.

I was looking for a way to sort by the most recent file added to a particular show which seems to make more sense, this way the stuff that has new files is right on top. I understand the watch count but I may have older seasons unwatched or whatever.

Is there a way to do this?

I'm afraid I don't really understand.  The Latest row for a TV library should already show you the Series in last episode added order.

interman

Ok, agreeing with lightsout. The latest release (Version 4.0.1.0) has removed the TV "latest" sorting and now it is tough to show what episodes have been added recently. BTW, the sort by "Sort by date added" does not do the same thing. Can we put back the "Lastest" button under TV?

Thanks

Don

lightsout

I'm afraid I don't really understand.  The Latest row for a TV library should already show you the Series in last episode added order.

Sorry yes on the home screen (using a Shield) I see letest shows, I guess I should just use that. But when I go into my library of TV shows, and I select "date added" as how to sort them. It sorts by the first time I ever added that show to my library.

So a show with a new episode may have 25 shows above it because they (the shows themselves not the episodes) were added after it, does that help?

Wouldn't that technically be sort by "Release Date" and sort order of "Descending"?

The "Date Added" uses the actual date added to your filesystem.

Edited by speechles

Sorry yes on the home screen (using a Shield) I see letest shows, I guess I should just use that. But when I go into my library of TV shows, and I select "date added" as how to sort them. It sorts by the first time I ever added that show to my library.

So a show with a new episode may have 25 shows above it because they (the shows themselves not the episodes) were added after it, does that help?

Yes, this is a known issue with the server sorting right now.  Something we just didn't have time to get to in the 4.0 release cycle.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok, agreeing with lightsout. The latest release (Version 4.0.1.0) has removed the TV "latest" sorting and now it is tough to show what episodes have been added recently. BTW, the sort by "Sort by date added" does not do the same thing. Can we put back the "Lastest" button under TV?

Thanks

Don

Hi.  I'm afraid I don't know where you're talking about.  This is in the Android TV app...?

lightsout

Yes, this is a known issue with the server sorting right now. Something we just didn't have time to get to in the 4.0 release cycle.

Thanks.

What I am explaining from my understanding has always been this way. I'm not sure it ever sorted by most recent added file, but by most recent added show.

interman

There seems to be some confusion, so let me explain better. 

Prior to the latest release, when you went to Home>TV, at the top where it now has "Shows Suggestions Upcoming Favorites..." it used to have a line called "Latest"

When you clicked on Latest, it would list the shows, sorted but which show had the latest episode, and then continuing on. So if my DVR recorded 3 shows today (BBT, Supergirl, and Discovery for example), then whose three shows would be listed first, and so on. Now, that option is gone, and the best I can find is "Sort by Date Added" which for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is sorting on as it seems to be all over the place. Shows I added last year are showing next to shows I added today. This is the same on the web client and the Android app client. Sort by release date does not work either, as again, I cannot figure out what it is sorting on. 

Hope this helps. 

Don

P.S. One addition. There is a Link called "Episodes" which will allow you to sort by date added, however, if I had multi episodes for a show, I have to page through them to get to the ones I want. Probably more picky than a real bug, but not sure why latest was removed from the top menu. Was very convenient. 

Thanks for the hard work. Release looks great. 

Edited by interman

PenkethBoy

have you tried looking in "suggestions" and scrolling down

i get - in ATV

continue watching

Next up

Latest (although these are shows rather than episodes)

I think you are talking partly about the web client as my ATV does not have an "episodes" tab but the web client does

If you go to suggestions in the web client you have a "Latest episodes" section - not consistent between apps but they will get this sorted at some point

There seems to be some confusion, so let me explain better. 

Prior to the latest release, when you went to Home>TV, at the top where it now has "Shows Suggestions Upcoming Favorites..." it used to have a line called "Latest"

When you clicked on Latest, it would list the shows, sorted but which show had the latest episode, and then continuing on. So if my DVR recorded 3 shows today (BBT, Supergirl, and Discovery for example), then whose three shows would be listed first, and so on. Now, that option is gone, and the best I can find is "Sort by Date Added" which for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is sorting on as it seems to be all over the place. Shows I added last year are showing next to shows I added today. This is the same on the web client and the Android app client. Sort by release date does not work either, as again, I cannot figure out what it is sorting on. 

Hope this helps. 

Don

P.S. One addition. There is a Link called "Episodes" which will allow you to sort by date added, however, if I had multi episodes for a show, I have to page through them to get to the ones I want. Probably more picky than a real bug, but not sure why latest was removed from the top menu. Was very convenient. 

Thanks for the hard work. Release looks great. 

This sounds like you are talking about the web app but, in both that app and the Android TV one, the "Latest" row is under the "Suggestions" tab.

Akira.d0e

This sounds like you are talking about the web app but, in both that app and the Android TV one, the "Latest" row is under the "Suggestions" tab.

So it's only a row now?

That's disappointing, I miss the full screen :(

At least Kodi still shows that sorting once the library syncs.

Thanks for an awesome app!