Server & CoverArt - 3D Blu-ray MVC Format

TrackZ

TrackZ

For Blu-ray discs that are 3D, the 3D format should be "MVC".

It would also be great if CoverArt could pick up on this tag for the 3D and display the "Blu-ray 3D" logo on any pertinent treatments for 3D Blu-ray movies.

Tikuf
It would also be great if CoverArt could pick up on this tag for the 3D and display the "Blu-ray 3D" logo on any pertinent treatments for 3D Blu-ray movies.

Cover art does already do this (you will have to have a look at the settings)

5361cd94dbfd7_Primary.png

As far as mvc goes I don't think we have any Logic for handling them atm.

TrackZ

I'm not requesting a 3D overlay. That works already. There is an actual official Blu-ray 3D logo. Right now you use the standard Blu-ray logo on the various case treatments. When a movie is a 3D Blu-ray though, it could use the actual Blu-ray 3D logo instead.

It looks like this: http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blu-ray_3D.png

For purposes of the spines though, it might be better to show the logo more sideways: http://www.oosgame.weebeetroc.com/vu-sur-le-net-un-logo-pour-le-blu-ray-3d/technologie

It looks officially the 3D BD logo be stacked or horizontal.

Edited by TrackZ

Tikuf

You can make your own custom 3d bd overlay and have it applied by coverart.

TrackZ

Yes, I've done that as well while experimenting. It would just be cleaner if the official logo were represented in the treatment versus using an overlay.

Regarding the MVC format as well, MB Server is already picking up on a 3D BD ISO as being 3D. When you look at the Media Info in the web client, for a 3D BD, it shows two codecs - the main AVC and a second entry for MVC. So, MB has the ability to pick up on the info already. It currently sets the "3D Format" entry in the meta data to "HSBS", but setting it as "MVC" would be accurate. Then CoverArt would have the proper flag for official BD 3D logo as well. :) 

Edited by TrackZ

I think we should expand our 3D format discovery to MVC and that has been requested before.  Not sure where it stands in the queue of work though.

As for changing the spine/cover based on 3D I don't think that will happen.  I designed the overlay system so that the 3D indicator would not be dependent on the particular type of treatment in use.  Trying to make a custom 3D version for every treatment style (as soon as I do BD this way people will want others) simply makes the program too bloated.