Cannot connect to Emby Server from Windows PC or Roku on same LAN

Embyonic
Go to solution Solved by Embyonic,

Embyonic

Emby server (4.0.1) installation on Windows 10 x64 (Emby server IP 192.168.1.6)

On Same LAN, I have another Windows 10 x64 PC (192.168.1.23) and a Roku 3 with Emby App (192.168.1.12)

Neither PC nor Roku can connect to Emby Server

I can successfully ping the host PC (192.168.1.6) so its not a network issue or a firewall issue (I have also disabled the firewall in my tests to no avail.

I attach a few screenshots and all the Emby server log files I managed to find in a zip

post-74571-0-02896600-1548492848_thumb.jpg

post-74571-0-70441300-1548492873_thumb.jpg

emby logs.zip

I can successfully ping the host PC (192.168.1.6) so its not a network issue or a firewall issue (I have also disabled the firewall in my tests to no avail.

Actually it could still be a firewall problem. I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed, and which ones do not. thanks !

• Like 1

• Solution
Embyonic

Luke, you were right. It was (Comodo) firewall which blocked it and that is despite a configure GLOBAL rule to allow all LAN traffic on all ports from IP layer (and up)...which apparently was not being honored....ditto for when firewall was in disabled mode....once I uninstalled Comodo firewall, the issue went away. Consider this issue closed.

• Like 1