Server Question - Sharing watched status between users ??

bennymac

bennymac

Hey all,

I'd basically like to know if watched status will ever be able to be shared between user accounts?...I tend to setup users a bit differently.

Normally, when setting up individual users in the Web UI it makes sense that each person has their own watch status, play state etc. - if you like that done that way.

I like to have user accounts setup based on locations or devices not users. Eg. Living Room, Master Bedroom and so on...In this case I would watch my shows in both rooms.

This also makes sense when using Play-to...eg. Play this show on Lounge Room...IF I have notifications setup I can see Game of thrones playing on Bedroom 2

My DLNA device's are also setup either location or role based eg. Outdoor speakers.

However for this to work well, it's ideal to have watched status shared.

Thanks a lot!

The API has the ability to specify multiple users at once and MBC implements this with the "Also Here" function.  Not sure if any other client apps have put this in yet.

However, the system is designed with user profiles, not device profiles so your use of the system simply doesn't fit its design.

Vidman

Hey all,

I'd basically like to know if watched status will ever be able to be shared between user accounts?...I tend to setup users a bit differently.

Normally, when setting up individual users in the Web UI it makes sense that each person has their own watch status, play state etc. - if you like that done that way.

I like to have user accounts setup based on locations or devices not users. Eg. Living Room, Master Bedroom and so on...In this case I would watch my shows in both rooms.

This also makes sense when using Play-to...eg. Play this show on Lounge Room...IF I have notifications setup I can see Game of thrones playing on Bedroom 2

My DLNA device's are also setup either location or role based eg. Outdoor speakers.

However for this to work well, it's ideal to have watched status shared.

Thanks a lot!

Why don't you just name the device in that room/location that room/locations name? Edited by Vidman