content type library grouping

forwax

Hello, I just read the new folder based access control and was told that the content type library grouping was remote to my regret. I have a example where I there it would be great to be able to do it like before.

Like I said in a previous post, I have 2 tv shows libraries. One is configured for french tv with French description and the other library (2 folder) are in English with same description.

With content type library grouping I was able to see only one TV Shows library with mixed content, but unless I'm mistaken, I can't anymore.

Please bring it back :)

• 10 months later...
MBSki

Plex used to force the grouping of content types, so all my music libraries were under a Music heading, all my TV libraries were under a TV heading, and all my photo libraries were under a photo heading. I selected one of the content types and then I could select the specific library I wanted. I really liked it, but most users didn't like being forced into that model, so having it optional would be good. Does how you envision smart views have the same capability just with the addition of making it optional for users?

MBSki

Well, there are filters that can be used, but it's kind of a pain to use filters every time you want to see just kids movies or just adult movies. Plus, there isn't always an acceptable filter. Some PG movies are ok for my kids, but others aren't. So the ones that aren't ok go in my library not my kids library. And, an even better example is photos. I've got about 6 different photos libraries depending on who's photos they are. A library for my family, library for my sisters family, library for my in-laws, ... No way I want all that mixed up together in one library.