Aspect ratio missing in Android TV app, present in Android Mobile

milanp

Are there any hardware/software limitations why there's no aspect ratio option in Android TV Emby application ?

That option is present on Android Mobile app.

Are there any plans to implement this ?

Hi.  Exactly what option are you looking for?

If you mean during playback, the menu option is "Zoom..."

During playback of Live TV on mobile, I can click settings and change aspect ratio, the app allows me to select between 4:3,16:9,Auto,Fill and original. (Emby Mobile attached).

During playback of Live TV on Fire TV Stick, I cannot find any settings to change aspect ratio, (Emby Android TV attached).

I went through the settings of the Android TV app, and cannot find that setting.

EMBY Mobile APP

5c49ec5f89d15_EMBYmobile.jpg

EMBY Android TV

5c49ec2aaefc8_EMBYAndroidTV.jpg

Okay, you said Android TV.  It is available on that platform (Google).

It is not currently available on Fire TV (older platform) but we are looking to try and re-instate it in the future.

Thanks.

Thanks for clarification.

Tried to side-load the Android TV version to Fire Stick 4K, the zoom menu is missing.

I ran Emby on my Shield TV, the zoom menu is present.

Never tried this before because I use emby for kodi with Kodi on the shield.

Kodi does not run good on the Fire Stick 4K, 

On the other hand, Emby is running almost perfect on the Fire Stick, only this option was missing for me to have a fully functional device for a fraction of money of the shield.

You get what you pay for, the stick goes in the drawer waiting for better future.

Hopefully you will fix this sometime.

• 4 weeks later...

@@ebr I have question regarding the zoom feature why it don’t retain the setting permanently when you select the stretch feature. Every time I play a movie I have to go in and select it this is on the shield. Is there a setting I could check to keep it from going back to default. Thanks.

@@ebr I have question regarding the zoom feature why it don’t retain the setting permanently when you select the stretch feature. Every time I play a movie I have to go in and select it this is on the shield. Is there a setting I could check to keep it from going back to default. Thanks.

It should remember the setting for any individual movie but won't keep it on for different items.

• 4 months later...

Zoom on the Fire TV will be available with the next release of the app.

Thanks.