Music randomly stops playing

notla49285

notla49285

As per the title really, I'm listening to an album via Emby web app, it gets halfway through a track and randomly stops playing. No connection dropout (that I know of), pressed pause and play again, nothing, skipped to next track and that starts playing straight away, but then near the end of that track it stops again.

I can PM my server log to Emby devs.

Edited by notla49285

notla49285

Hi @@Luke, I was playing through an album, got up to track 5 with no problems, but about halway through this track it stopped playing. Not a loss of sound, it actually paused in the UI (though the play/pause icon didn't show this, and didn't respond when I pressed it). I clicked to skip to the next track (track 6) and it did straight away and started playing no problem, however towards the end of the track it did the same again. I gave up and moved onto Spotify at this point.

Sorry I can't remember exactly which positions they paused at, and can't easily read the logs, I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I've PM'd the server log.

notla49285

Sent now via PM, though I have played through the same album this morning and it's gone through these files just fine. I was playing music before I put this album on the day this happened, so maybe it's a timeout somewhere?

I've also had issues over the weekend where playback has shut down because Emby was transcoding and I ran out of hard drive space :( could this have happened whilst playing music? I've now set a different temporary transcode folder on a different drive, I'll be streaming music throughout today so will keep monitoring.

notla49285

I don't think that happened when the music cut out but I can't be 100% sure. I've been streaming all day today at work and had no problems, so regard this as resolved I guess and I'll keep monitoring.

notla49285

Hi @@Luke, this just happened again and I've definitely not run out of hard drive space. I've sent today's logs and the problem track via PM, I've been playing music all morning and adding stuff to the play queue as I've been going along, got to track 11 (of 15) at 4:03 (of 4:42) and it froze, so I skipped to next track and after a short delay the next track started playing, I skipped back again to the problem track and it played all the way through this time. Still using Chrome.

Edited by notla49285