Podcasts streaming

Beardyname

Beardyname

So just tested out the Podcasts plugin again after the new server version, and It does not work for me.

Server-log and ffmpeg log attached!

Let me know if i should test something else :)

Edited by Beardyname

Tikuf

What does "tested out" mean and what didn't work?

Ya it is not abundantly clear but the ffmpeg c/l is failing and therefore playback is failing. In this case we could probably assume that an mp3 from the web doesn't require a transcode to mp3 but that is a different matter.

Beardyname

What does "tested out" mean and what didn't work?

Yeah sorry i should have been more specific, I meant i added a podcast feed (http://thehandsomenerd.com/feed/podcast/).

And tried playing it in the web-client with no success. It shows up fine in the server and all, it's just that playback is not working.

Hopefully that explains it a bit better!

Okay, so the plug-in part is all working fine - feed was discovered items loaded with no errors, etc.  It is just play back through the web client.

Did you attempt playback with any other client app?

Was it an audio podcast?  I don't think the web client has ever been able to play back audio podcasts (unless that has changed recently).

Beardyname

Yes it's an audio podcast, I think i have been able to use it in the web-browser previously - but I can not be sure.

I tried with MBT just now nothing and same thing happens there.

MBT-log :

Server log from that try :

Transcode log :

I'm gonna test with the android app later, can't try with my WP8 since it currently does not support it.

Edited by Beardyname

Okay, moving this over to the server section so Tikuf and Luke can hash it out.

CBers

This is weird.

I just added the same podcast feed, that @@Beardyname mentioned above, to the plugin, but when I run the scheduled task, it isn't showing in the Dashboard.

So, I deleted a different podcast feed from the plugin, but it's still showing in the Dashboard.

I have rerun the podcast refresh a few times as well as a library scan, but the new one still isn't listed and the one I deleted is still there.

There is nothing in the server log for when the task runs other than started/ended.

The podcast xml file has the correct feeds in it.

Any ideas please?

v1.0.1.6 of podcast plugin installed.

CBers

OK, after restarting the server and refreshing the podcasts again, it's sorted itself out.