TV Shows not showing seasons

thekingswolf

thekingswolf

A ton of my shows no longer show the seasons inside for some reason.   For example, this show clearly has 24 episodes.

5c493c70f419e_1.png

But when i go into the show, the seasons aren't there

5c493c86b892c_2.png

If i click that S1:E1 link there, it does go to the episode and it will play.  this library is freshly created.

Happy2Play

If you go to the episode details screen (click on next up episode) then click the Season link at the top next to the Series name, what do you get? 

thekingswolf

i did that/  I even deleted the nfo files, moved the files, removed the series from emby, then put the files back and let it rebuild.  it does the same thing.  about 20% of shows are like this.

Edited by thekingswolf

thekingswolf

it happens if I remove this series completely, delete all nfo files, and move the folder back into the library.  As i said, it doesn't happen with every show, only certain shows.  

Edited by thekingswolf

Do you notice anything different between shows that it happens on vs. the ones that it doesn't?

When you removed the show did you run a full library scan to get it cleaned out of the database?

thekingswolf

no i don't see anything different i can't figure it out.  and yes i run a full scan.  these shows were all fine before the update.  

I got a NAS system and am going to be moving all my files there and removing the server completely and installing it fresh.  Hopefully that will resolve the issue

• 2 weeks later...
hstamas

This just happened to me as well. I re-identified a series because one of the episodes was not picking up what the TVDB listed thinking it would refresh the series and now I have no season identifiers. Mines a bit different as I have season thumbnails but no season labels.

If I browse into one of the unidentified seasoned and hit the 3 dots and go to edit metadata, the correct season IS listed there.

Here’s what my metadata manager looks like.

post-45887-0-41122100-1549811386_thumb.png

Edited by hstamas

This just happened to me as well. I re-identified a series because one of the episodes was not picking up what the TVDB listed thinking it would refresh the series and now I have no season identifiers. Mines a bit different as I have season thumbnails but no season labels.

If I browse into one of the unidentified seasoned and hit the 3 dots and go to edit metadata, the correct season IS listed there.

Here’s what my metadata manager looks like.

Hi, what is the folder structure of this?

hstamas

Hi, what is the folder structure of this?

Folder structure is per the guidelines for sure @@Luke. It was fine before I did the identify. I just ended up removing the series, moving the actual folder to somewhere not scanned by Emby, updating then putting it back in and let Emby scan again and the season labels were restored.

Just in case it helps here is my folder structure:

post-45887-0-45614600-1549917471_thumb.png

hstamas

What did you Identify it as?

I filled in the show name - release year and TVDB number. It identified it correctly but I lost all the season numbers. Just doing a rescan as mentioned above fixed it.

GreyBeard

This is the same issue I was having while on beta. It resolved itself when I deleted everything and installed 4.0.1.0 and you made a guess that somewhere along the line the database was corrupted during upgrades. I've not had the issue since. 

• 11 months later...
mechguy

Hi Luke

I appear to be having the same issue on server version 4.3.1.0. I have all of my folder structures set as in the guidelines: Show --> Season --> Episode. 

I have had this issue with at least 3 shows now, I eventually managed to solve first 2 after repeatedly removing the show, completing a library scan, restarting the server and re-adding the show until it eventually came back as it should. The shows previously had no issues when initially scanned in however this was a couple of years back. I am not able to easily check how many more shows are affected as I have too many shows to easily see what is missing.

One of the shows in question has been removed and a re-scan of the library has taken place however the un-scanned episode files still show up when I search for the show (the show does not). I believe this is causing the show not scan back in properly when I re-add it in an effort to correct the issue.

Is there any way I can manually go into the database and remove the entries? Or any other solution you could suggest?

I have already tried vacuuming my database and this did not help.

EDIT for anyone that comes across this in the future:

After restarting the server again the show in question finally fully removed from my library (the files were previously showing but as un-scanned files, this must have been cached in the DB as the file path was no longer correct). It may have needed an additional restart after vacuuming the DB. When the files were fully removed they did import back in correctly.

While investigating this I found another 50 entries that have the same problem, unfortunately re scanning them in place does nothing to solve the issue so the fix of fully removing the files and importing them back in is tedious. I will report back if I am able to successfully employ my solution for a second time.

Edited by mechguy

Happy2Play

Hi Luke

I appear to be having the same issue on server version 4.3.1.0. I have all of my folder structures set as in the guidelines: Show --> Season --> Episode. 

I have had this issue with at least 3 shows now, I eventually managed to solve first 2 after repeatedly removing the show, completing a library scan, restarting the server and re-adding the show until it eventually came back as it should. The shows previously had no issues when initially scanned in however this was a couple of years back. I am not able to easily check how many more shows are affected as I have too many shows to easily see what is missing.

One of the shows in question has been removed and a re-scan of the library has taken place however the un-scanned episode files still show up when I search for the show (the show does not). I believe this is causing the show not scan back in properly when I re-add it in an effort to correct the issue.

Is there any way I can manually go into the database and remove the entries? Or any other solution you could suggest?

I have already tried vacuuming my database and this did not help.

I would make a copy of the library.db and poke around in the copy.  But it sounds like there are leftover entries not being removed when the shows are removed and re-added.

If you were to make a new Library with a new folder and place these problem shows in this new folder, do they appear properly?

mechguy

I would make a copy of the library.db and poke around in the copy.  But it sounds like there are leftover entries not being removed when the shows are removed and re-added.

If you were to make a new Library with a new folder and place these problem shows in this new folder, do they appear properly?

I tried this with 50 other entries that had the same problem. Adding them to a new library caused them to appear properly immediately however bringing them back into their original library causes a similar issue again. The only difference is now there seems to be Seasons showing but no episodes.