After update to 4.0 library not scanning anymore, please help

agentandrew

agentandrew

Since upgrading to version 4 of emby server on Synology RS3614 I could add new movies but they wouldn't show up in the library. TV Series, held in another directory on the same server, same share, continued to work out fine.

I tried triggering the scan, adding new directory within to see if it finds that, but nothing is detected, nor any changes when I delete movies end up in emby, what worked like a charm before and works fine for the TV Series directory.

So in the end I decided to delete the movies library and re-setup the whole thing.

Unfortunately the same, even after re-setup of the library entry, I end up with scans not happening, the library staying completely empty.

I have no further idea what to do.

Attached is the log, I hope it helps someone to get my library back on..Thanks!

Andrew

ServerLog.txt

agentandrew

actually it's scanning again after not adding my previously fine working folder

/volume1/movies/movies/

but instead adding to the library every sub folder separately, so

/volume1/movies/movies/action/

/volume1/movies/movies/comedy/

etc.

weird but true

Hi there, can you explain in more detail what you mean by that, and/or show a screenshot to demonstrate? thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem as AgentAndrew.

My files are on a Synology DS918+ and everything just worked fine until the Emby 4.0 update.

Now Emby does not recognize movies in the movie directory anymore (.mp4 and .mkv).

My music and home videos are just fine, visible and playable

I checked the permissions on Synology, ...all fine.

Tried to change directory and foldernames, ...nothing happened.

complete reinstall, .. no effect

The strange thing is Emby does recognize my homevideo's (which are also in the same mp4 format and same video directory (volume1/video/home video)),

but as soon as I copy a home video in the movie folder (volume1/video/movie) the home video is also not recognized.

My guess is there must be a bug in the media movie library.

So any ideas for a solution are very welcome

Marijn

I have the exact same problem as AgentAndrew.

My files are on a Synology DS918+ and everything just worked fine until the Emby 4.0 update.

Now Emby does not recognize movies in the movie directory anymore (.mp4 and .mkv).

My music and home videos are just fine, visible and playable

I checked the permissions on Synology, ...all fine.

Tried to change directory and foldernames, ...nothing happened.

complete reinstall, .. no effect

The strange thing is Emby does recognize my homevideo's (which are also in the same mp4 format and same video directory (volume1/video/home video)),

but as soon as I copy a home video in the movie folder (volume1/video/movie) the home video is also not recognized.

My guess is there must be a bug in the media movie library.

So any ideas for a solution are very welcome

Marijn

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

Interwebz

Hi @@solabc16

Unsure about the op's issue but if the problem is RTM related, then yeah it definitely sounds like a similar issue, although my RTM was not working prior to 4.0 either. In case it's not RTM related and only normal scans then I do not have problems (that I'm aware of) with that after upgrading to 4.0.  

As far as other software accessing this path, not to my knowledge. I did shutdown all my containers just to be sure but it does not change the cause.

If I understand the op correctly, he/she also have RTM working if creating new folders outside of the main library, so yeah, sounds similar to me too.

Edit:  I took a look at the log and it does not seem like we are having the same issue based on what has been described.

Edited by Interwebz

Hi,

I think I found a solution for my problem.

In Synology File Station, I right-clicked on the movies directory and selected Properties.

Then I checked off both boxes  (apply to this map,...) in General and Authorization.

From that moment on Emby scans my movies again and everything works fine

gr. Marijn.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Soviet3

My first post so please be gentle , however I had exactly this issue where it scanned the TV Shows folder with no issues at all but would fail to scan the Movie folder (well it scanned it but would fail to pick up any movies)

Both folders had exactly the same permission structure .

I ended up resolving this issue by clicking the advance permission  (see image) and granting permissions to the user and the admin account.5ea6b84957474_20200427_204546.jpg

• Like 1